Women Over 50 Dating

Women Over 50 Dating

Challenges + Opportunities
194

Women over 50 are faced with a set of challenges that are related to their particular circumstances. Either being divorced or widowed in addition to where they are in the 50 plus age range.

One thing for sure, they are entering a turning point in their life. A woman after fifty dating must get clear about her values and her objectives when reentering the dating scene.

In other words deciding if she wants marriage, a long-term relationship (but not tying the knot) or just a boy toy?

Single women over 50 need to reclaim their own worth and values as mature females. Part of that process is identifying what standards they want to set for the men they date.

This can be an exciting and freeing time for any senior woman dating as she takes back her power and becomes a confident alluring feminine woman.

When it comes to getting back into a marriage, some women feel gun shy, especially after finally getting out of a bad relationship.

An AARP study found that most women in the over 40 to 50 plus range filed for divorces due to physical or emotional abuse, infidelity, or drug and alcohol abuse.

The spouses were taken by surprise when their wives ended the marriage feeling that their husbands would most likely never change. So it’s easy to see why many of these women are not eager to risk again the trap of marriage after their experience.

Nevertheless, most senior women dating find after a certain amount of time of being a single gal they begin to crave the comfort that a loving and caring relationship can bring. At that point, they can decide if they are best suited to an exclusive long-term relationship or if they will be most satisfied to remarry if they can find Mr. Right.

One other challenge that mature women will face is where and how to meet the type of men she would want to spend this next phase of her life with. If she gets a solid vision of who this man would be, then she will be more successful in putting together a strategy and plan for how to meet these types of guys. And that is when the hard work will start to pay off.

Finding a good man requires more than luck or fate. It is important for women over 50 to open up as many channels as possible for meeting available men. Friends and family is one channel. Others are through volunteer organizations and group sports. In addition to that there are “how to” classes, such as how to invest in real estate or learning how to become a wine aficionado, are just a few examples.

In summary, for mature women, the challenges will turn into opportunities if you stay focused on your goals and go after them with gusto. The truth is this could be the most exciting time of your life. The balls in your court, all you need to do is take on the challenge!

I would love to hear what your experiences have been when re-entering the dating world after 50 and what was your biggest challenge? Please leave your comment below.