I Am A Woman And I Do Not Support The Women's March

And yet you want equality for all but it seems to me that you want to be above man.

2317
New York Magazine

On January 21st, 2017, the Women's March took place all over America including Washington D.C and New York City. Women were marching for equality for everyone, women's rights, among many other things. Signs were being raised up and down with sayings such as "Not My President", "My Pussy Grabs Back", "Future Is Female", "Women Are People" and "My Body My Choice". And believe it or not, I am a woman and I do not support the women's march. Why? Well to be completely honest with you, I think it is silly. Women marching around chanting these things are not going to change anything. Donald Trump is your president and that will not change. I am a woman and I am still a person. And yet you want equality for all but it seems to me that you want to be above man.

"I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second-class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life of in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am women. I do not feel like I am "not respected or undermined" because I am a woman. I am not a "victim" because you say I am. I AM a woman. I can make my own choices. I can speak and be heard. I can VOTE. I can work if I want. I can stay home if I want. I can control my body. I can defend myself. I can defend my family. There is nothing stopping me from doing anything in this world but MYSELF. I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself. I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls, I choose not to go over which is a personal choice. Quit blaming. Take responsibility. If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect from me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men. If you have beliefs and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways. If you want me to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries that do not have the opportunity or means to have their voices heard. Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, no rights and must always be covered. China and India, infanticide of baby girls. Afghanistan, unequal education rights. Democratic Republic of Congo, where rapes are brutal and women are left to die, or HIV-infected and left to care for children alone. Mali, where women can not escape the torture of genital mutilation. Pakistan, in tribal areas where women are gang raped to pay for men's crimes. Guatemala, the impoverished female underclass of Guatemala faces domestic violence, rape and the second-highest rate of HIV/AIDS after sub-Saharan Africa. An epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead, some of their bodies left with hate messages. Or the 7-year-old girls being sold or married off to 60-year-old men, or the millions of women sold and bought into sex trafficking. And that is just a few examples. So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and march in their clean clothes, after eating a hearty breakfast, and it's like a vacation away that the have to pay to get there...this WOMAN does not support it". - Brandi Goings Atkinson

If you are still reading, thank you. These women act like they have no rights. I think we are extremely lucky. You have control of everything you do.

I am a firm believer that abortion should be illegal. Abortion is murder. Why should an innocent unborn child have to suffer because of your mistakes? Now don't get me wrong, exceptions could be made if one was raped. However, when I see a sign that says "My Body My Choice", you had the choice to have sex and most likely unprotected sex so that was your choice,

Like I said before, this march was supposed to for equality from all but yet there are signs "Future Is Female". How is that equality?

Too many women these days expect too much and want everything handed to them. That is not how life works. You don't always get what you want. But if you want to be respected, then earn it. If you want to be heard, then make yourself heard. If you want a job, work to get it. Stop making excuses. Don't like that Donald Trump is president? Too bad. He is not going to disappear because you protested. Wish him the best and give him a chance. If you live in the United States, he is YOUR president.

After the women's march and Donald Trump is still president and women in America are still given amazing and unlimited opportunities. Do not act like you have no rights. If you are like me and did not and do not support this march, it is OK. You are not alone.