Winter Break According To The Office

Winter Break According To The Office

What it's like coming home for the holidays as a college student

14
Winter Break According To The Office
Tumblr.com

Coming home for winter break is one of the greatest things as a college student. There are so many exciting things about coming home and staying home for more than just a weekend. You have to break out of your college routine and turn back into the somewhat confusing routine of being home. You've been away at school for so long readjusting seems a bit hard at first, but you're back into the swing of things before you know it. Because let's be honest, winter break really is the holy grail for college students. So here's what winter break and coming home for the holidays are like as a college student, as told by The Office.

You finish your last final and you are ready to celebrate. You've worked so hard for this moment and the stress of finals week is finally lifted.

You come home ready to sleep all day, every day because finals week made you pull at least four all nighters and you're just now burning off all of the coffee you drank throughout the week.

You're finally reunited with your pet, and it's the greatest day because your pet is the only one who (honestly) really missed you.

But then you work day and night because you need money for gifts because let's be honest you spent the little money you did have on Chipotle and Starbucks when you were at school, so now work consumes your life.

You and your siblings instantly get back into the same weird nonsense. It doesn't take much before you start arguing and bickering like you used to everyday when you lived at home.

Annoying people from your hometown try to get you wrapped back up in useless drama, but you don't have time for that because it's the holiday season.

You're finally reunited with your best friends from back home and you get to spend more than a couple of hours together.

You have holiday events with your relatives and they start asking personal questions like, "So are you dating anyone these days?"

Your parents make you and your siblings try way too hard for the holiday cards they are sending out to people you either don't speak to anymore, or who still know what you look like.

You worked hours and hours to finally makes some money, but then you start doing your holiday shopping. And then you go broke again.

But then suddenly you get an email from a professor about homework you have due the day you get back from break. And you look at the work in confusion because all of the information you learned before is now gone.

You start any winter break homework you may have, but your mind is still on that break. So, needless to say it's not your best work.

But for the time-being you ignore all your responsibilities back at school, because after all this is a break, right? And considering that your next one isn't until Spring Break, you need to make the most of this one.