Why A Young Woman Like Me Couldn't Support Hillary
Politics

I couldn't justify voting for someone based off their gender instead of their values.

756
ImageFlip

Election season has passed and, still, everywhere you go, you hear debates based on which candidate was "most qualified" for the presidency. Who was most qualified? Well, this is not for me to decide. In fact, I could never state who was most qualified; neither of the candidates really were. However, being a young woman in a Liberal-ideology infiltrated institution, it is often assumed that since I am a female, I was with her. However, that is far from true and I have several reasons why.

1. Women obtained their right to vote in the 1920s, under the 19th Amendment in the United States Constitution.

Women did not fight for the right to vote to just throw their vote to someone who is "like" them. I believe that the women who fought for this really wanted us women later on in the world to vote for what is right and good. I shouldn't vote for someone just because my anatomy is similar to a candidate's -- I need to vote for who is best for the country, not for who is appealing to a certain group. That statement is degrading toward women who want to make this country a better place now and for our future children.

2. Growing up, I was always taught to always tell the truth and never tell a lie, no matter how much trouble I may get in for admitting my mistakes.

Even though the majority of politicians lie, how could I, as a woman, support another after all she had lied about? The name Clinton comes filled with a baggage of scandals and lies that made her an untrustworthy candidate. Could I really let myself fall into this trap because she is "like" me?

3. I could never support anyone who takes money from countries who oppress women -- especially a presidential candidate who is FOR feminism.

In case you didn't know, Hillary accepted money for her campaigning from countries who oppress women, such as Syria. It's interesting that she took money from a place that goes against what she should believe in, especially as a woman, isn't it? It's even more interesting that these are the people and the country she was trying to support, especially for refugees, but she was accepting the government's money that could be going to the betterment of the Syrian people and nation.

4. After the Monica Lewinsky affair with Bill Clinton, it was hard for someone who believes in the utmost respect for women to support a candidate who was able to accept the things that her husband did.

Hillary was hurt, embarrassed, and lied to. She didn't do anything about it, in fact, it seemed as if she didn't mind at all. Being a strong, independent young woman, I could never support someone who lets a man walk all over her. That's not who I wanted to lead this country--who else would she let treat her this way?

5. If you look at the national companies here in the United States that funded Hillary's campaign, you will realize that they were the upper class who know that she would protect their incomes.

Wall Street, lawyers, Hollywood, pharmaceuticals, and Public Officials supported her campaign. Why? She would have sent jobs overseas which Wall Street enjoyed hearing, she would halted oil and coal companies which would have satisfied Hollywood's environmental agenda, she would have increased health care which would have protected Pharmaceutical companies from losing money, and she would have expanded the size of the government, which should be getting smaller, to take money from taxpayers. Don't you want American jobs and lower taxes?

While I know that some of my friends and acquaintances voted for Hillary based on her sexual orientation and because they cannot fathom having voted for the other candidate, I could never find myself clicking the screen on a name that I could never trust. I am proud to be a woman who is free and without restrictions in America and I could never have voted for someone to lead this country who faked what she believes in and stood by those who have degraded her in front of the whole nation without batting an eye.