Why You Should Love Your Scars

Why You Should Love Your Scars

"Never be ashamed of a scar, it shows you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

204
Why You Should Love Your Scars

Loving yourself for you who are can be one of the hardest things everyone faces. Everyone always sees something wrong with themselves and never believes that they are nothing less than perfect just the way they are.

Scars are often seen as something that isn't perfect. They are given this negative factor to them because people want to look the best, and to not have any imperfections on their bodies.

Over the past year, I have decided to love my scar. My scar represents who I have become, and what I have overcome. I am a thyroid cancer survivor, and that is something I am proud of.

I can admit that from the beginning I did not want to have a 10-inch scar across my neck. People glared at it, they would often look at my scar instead of my eyes when we would be having a conversation, and it honestly looked like I tried to cut my head off.

As time has gone on, I have begun to learn to love my scar even though it is not the most appealing thing. The reason I started to see my scar as beautiful is because it shows I am a survivor. It shows I have overcome, achieved, and conquered something I never thought possible. It shows that I am one tough woman and I refuse to give up.

My scar shows hope. It shows that there is life after cancer, and that there is hope for everyone. My scar also shows inspiration. I strive to inspire people, and my scar does that. It shows people how to fight, how to be strong, and how to never give up.

Scars individualize us. Everyone has eyes, and a mouth, but not everyone will have the same scar as you. It is something that is so unique to you, and it can tell a story. A scar is something that each and every person should be proud to have on their bodies.

Scars are beautiful. Embrace it. Be proud of it. And love yourself.

Check out this amazing song by Alessia Cara, "Scars To Your Beautiful."