Why #PromotingPositivity Needs To Happen
Politics

Where is the Love?

10
Bright Vibes

Before I begin my rant, I'd like to state the fact that I am neither pro-Trump or Pro-Clinton. I really don't think either of them are fit for office, but I do believe that Trump is the lesser of two evils. I don't care if Clinton isn't being charged or not.

First off, I think the media is contributing to the fear.

That's not to say that there isn't a reason to be afraid, but you must know something. Our government is comprised of a system called checks and balances. Meaning that anything that Trump comes up with has to be approved by Congress. Any bills that Congress comes up with has to be approved by the president. If the president does veto a bill, Congress still has the power to override the veto if 2/3 of Congress votes on it. So Trump may be talking about building a wall, and things like that, but it has to go through Congress first.

Secondly, any American who decides to burn the American flag does not deserve to be in America. Our soldiers (dating back to the Revolutionary War) have fought SO hard to establish and keep the rights we have. Not to mention it is also VERY disrespectful. There is no excuse as to bringing violence into literally every single riot going on. There is no need to start a fight for no apparent reason, and call someone the n word, or a piece of s***, etc.

In regards to the protests, it's okay to protest. It's enforcing our right to speech. However, protesting violently is going against everything Martin Luther King Jr. believed and enforced. Violence is NEVER the answer. Just because you didn't get the president-elect you wanted doesn't make it right to violently protest, burn the American flag, or be mean to another human being.

I've heard multiple stories about Mexican exchange students arriving to a school and kids chanting and writing on the board "build a wall." Shame on the parents who are teaching our kids that this is okay, because it isn't. Hate breeds hate and racism breeds racism. Pit bulls aren't born violent, they are taught. Same goes for racism and hate.

I am 20 years old. Of the 20 years I've been alive, I've never been ashamed to be an American until now. It isn't because Donald Trump got elected into office, but it's because my fellow Americans are acting like a bunch of 2-year-olds because they didn't get their way. What is going on is an adult-sized temper tantrum.

There is a cop in my township who is being under investigation for a racial slur made on social media. Cops, out of all people, should be the ones to set an example.

Also, you can't play the racism card for every little thing that goes wrong in your life. Granted, racism may occur, but just because you didn't get elected for the position you wanted doesn't mean it was because of racism. Just because someone didn't get your order right at McDonalds doesn't make them racism. If you've been denied for a loan, it isn't because of racism. If you didn't get the job you wanted, it isn't racism. However, if it is then it's very illegal (there are discrimination laws) and you can sue the company.

Honestly, if Trump being the next President is the biggest of your worries, then I'd say you're pretty set as far as survival goes. There are kids in third world countries, and even our own country, who have no idea when their next meal is.

The hate needs to stop. The racism needs to stop. The violence needs to stop. I want to start a movement called #promotingpositivity. Donate to a charity, give back to the community, or even pay it forward. It doesn't matter if someone is white, black, hispanic, muslim, jewish, LGBTQ, etc. Hold the door open for someone, volunteer at a soup kitchen, buy someone their meal. Just do something that promotes positivity. Stop sharing all the negative things that circle social media. Start filling your feed with positive things, and use #promotingpositivity. If we can make that trending, maybepeople will see the error of their ways. Maybe we can contribute to ending this.

If we continue down this destructive path, our nation will fall. I already heard that California is thinking about seceding from the US. Don't destroy everythingour founding fathers have worked for. I'm sure they're already turning over in their graves over this madness.

The black eyed peas recorded a song called "Where is the Love" and it may have been recorded years ago, it applies today. If you haven't heard the song, you can listen to it here.

On a side note, if you haven't heard, harambe got 15,000 votes for president. If you don't know how that happened, some states have an option where you can write in who you want for president. Granted, they'll never become president, but if you don't like any of the candidates, you can write someone in

Remember, #promotepositivity!