5 Things To Remember About Villanova Basketball

March Madness 2019 did not go as planned for the Villanova Wildcats.

10

As the defending champions, a significant loss to Purdue was hard to watch. Although we didn't make it to the Sweet Sixteen, it is important to remember just how talented Villanova players are. Here are 5 things to remember about Villanova's basketball program.

1. We won three National Championships!!!

People seem to quickly forget that Villanova has three National Championships! Not to mention, two of those championship wins were just in the last 4 years.

2. We lost players to the NBA. 

After last year's championship win, many of our starting players entered the NBA draft. Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR of our best players hung up their Villanova jerseys and have had a successful first year in the NBA.

3. Jay Wright. 

Jay Wright is arguably one of the best coaches in college basketball. He has completely revolutionized Villanova's basketball program has prepared many of his players for careers in the NBA.

4. Phil Booth & Eric Paschall. 

After losing four of their teammates to the NBA draft, Phil Booth and Eric Paschall stepped up and lead their team to a Big East Championship. Although this season was difficult at times, both players showed their talent, skill, and dedication to the game and to the Nova Nation.

5. NOVA NATION!

One of the best parts about Villanova basketball is its incredible fans. The Nova Nation truly a force, and you'll find us at every game! Whether you are a future Wildcat, a current student, or a Villanova Alumni, blue and white runs through your veins. Villanova fans are some of the most dedicated fans you'll ever meet.

GO CATS!