Why The WWE Is Not Fake

Why The WWE Is Not Fake

Just because the WWE is scripted does not mean it is also fake.

560
Why The WWE Is Not Fake
WWE

The majority of us have that one friend that you would consider a wrestling nerd. In this case, that would be me. All wrestling fans have that friend that goes on and on about how and why wrestling is fake. This friend has probably never watched an episode, or could not even tell you the names of 5 wrestlers. Now this is different from that friend that says it is stupid. Everyone has an opinion, and I can respect that. However, I find strong differences between the words fake and scripted.

All pro wrestling is, for the most part, scripted. The definition of scripted is to plan or devise, make arrangements for, while the definition of fake is to pretend or be not real. While many times, I can turn on the show and tell you who is going to win a match, this does not define it as being fake.

Many superstars have actually suffered devastating and even life threatening injuries while in the ring. The moves these superstars do are real, they must be trained and careful while doing this. In fact, within the last year, 2 superstars (Daniel Bryan & Tyson Kidd) have suffered career ending injuries. Daniel Bryan repeatedly was getting concussions, and a wrong move could send him into paralysis. Seth Rollins just returned from a 9-month knee injury while in a match.

These things would not happen if it was fake. While the punches may not be as hard as they seem, gravity cannot be defined. At this year’s WrestleMania, Shane McMahon jumped off of a 25 feet steel cage through a table. People still claimed that it was fake, but how can that be?

There are plenty other examples besides this. For example, would you jump off of a ladder onto a pile of thumbtacks? When you can see the scratches and blood on someone after a move like this, how can it be looked at as fake? I understand that the outcome of the match is already set in stone, that cannot be argued. However, this DOES NOT justify that the entire show is fake.

Every year, millions of people pay to attend events held throughout the world. I have heard people say that nobody watched the WWE, and it is unpopular. These people could not be more wrong. I also hear the popular statement that I am too old to watch WWE. Do you think little kids buy tickets and go by themselves? No. In fact, I know at least 15 people that are at least 30 that have watched the product for over 15 years.

The WWE actually has attendance records at many stadiums and venues. It nearly has 2 million subscribers on the WWE network. The owner of the WWE, Vince McMahon, is a multi-billionaire who has his own star in Hollywood. Outlets such as ESPN and FOX Sports now cover the WWE on a daily basis. In the end, people will always say and claim that the WWE is fake, but how can that really be true?