Thing's I'd give up for hockey

11 Things I'd Sacrifice To Watch Hockey Right Now

September's only a couple weeks away, but I'm not sure if I can survive much longer.

62
youtube.com

I love hockey. A lot. So much so that I often find myself thinking of moving to Canada to be around hockey all the time. I can't imagine not watching hockey, and I find it hard to believe that there was a time I didn't follow it. It's just one of those things that I instantly fell in love with. I knew right away that this was the sport for me, and I knew it was going to hurt to have to go through an off-season.

I used to see it as another sport that I really couldn't care less about, and I didn't spend the off-season in agonizing pain, waiting for the first game of the season to roll around. My point is, hockey basically controls my life. My schedule during hockey season revolves around whether or not my team plays that day. I'm currently counting down the days until the next season begins and I can stop watching last season's highlights to get my fix.

When I say I love hockey, I genuinely mean it. it's one of those things that I desperately need in my life to survive. I constantly need to hear the skaters' blades scraping the ice, pucks hitting goal posts, and goal buzzers ringing through the stadium when my favorite players score. It's basically an addiction at this point in my life.

There are very few things I love more than hockey. So few, in fact, that I'm going to tell you what I'd give up to watch hockey. Prepare to be surprised at some of the things on this list, because what I'm about to list off is probably something that no one else would even consider giving up. Hockey is a non-negotiable thing. There is nothing I hold closer to my heart than hockey, hence why it's so easy for me to sacrifice these things:

1. Pizza.

media.giphy.com

I told you this list was gonna be filled with crazy things. First on my list of things I'd give up for the sport that I sold my soul to—my favorite food of all time. I sincerely believe that these two things always work super well together, but I would choose hockey over pizza in a heartbeat.

2. My decent GPA.

media.giphy.com

This one is a huge maybe. I'd definitely have to think about it.

3. My sleep schedule.

media.giphy.com

I could live with being sleep deprived if it meant getting to watch hockey.

4. Music.

media.giphy.com

Considering it's still a huge part of my career and my future, I'm not sure this is the best decision, but such is life.

5. Chocolate.

media.giphy.com

Yikes.

6. The Texas heat.

media.giphy.com

I feel like this isn't a surprise. I think just about anyone would give this up for anything.

7. Every single memory of middle school I still have.

media.giphy.com

Again, something that I don't think anyone would have a problem giving up.

8. The option to use a restaurant's drive through.

media.giphy.com

I really don't like interacting with people if I don't have to, and this is just a huge inconvenience. But I'm doing it for hockey, so it's okay.

9. Hot showers.

media.giphy.com

I'm already taking cold showers anyway, so this wouldn't be too much of a loss.

10. Wearing socks.

media.giphy.com

We live in a world where I'd much rather wear shoes without socks than not watch Hockey. I'm willing to deal with my feet being sweaty all the time.

11. The Pittsburgh Penguins.

media.giphy.com

I'm a Flyers fan. I'm perfectly fine with giving up those ice pigeons. Also, why does Crosby smile like that?

As you can tell, I really like hockey. There's no sacrifice too large that hockey isn't worth. I need to be able to watch the sport to live, and I would very gladly give up the things on this list to do that. Not to say I wouldn't give up more, because I definitely would, but these are just some of the top things I know I could live without.