Why Millennials Don't Date Like Their Parents Did

Many moons ago, dating was something that young women dreamed of, but also could expect to be a huge part of their future. Today it seems even the simplest concept of a date is becoming extinct.

Modern relationships are more and more frequently stemming from right swipes or DMs and somewhere along the line the notion of the first date started to get lost. Instead of the guy showing up to your door with flowers before a nice dinner or late night stroll, it's becoming commonplace to just meet at home and spend the night in.

But is that really a first date? To me, I can't help but wonder... if a man is truly interested, why on Earth is he hiding me in his apartment? Or why isn't he trying to do something to make me feel special?

Now, I'm not expecting hundreds of dollars spent or even anything fancy, but I don't think it's unfair to have something a little more meaningful in mind than watching Netflix on a first date.

I then feel lead to ask- if I didn't get a proper first date, is this whole "not dating" trend bound to be the end result?

It probably could be argued that millennials have lost their focus on dating all together. Perhaps it's the ability to find someone new in seconds via Bumble or Tinder. Or maybe this entire age group was born with commitment issues. But no matter what it is, the dating scene has most definitely lost its luster.

This forces me to wonder, are we as women asking for too much or men just giving too little?