Soccer is way better than football, sorry not sorry

Nothing will ever come close to the real "Futbol."

118
Author's Photo

I love football. There's something so special about seeing your team score a touchdown. BUT, it will never compare to soccer. May it's that I'm high off the World Cup, but here are 11 reasons soccer will always Trump football.

1. It's played universally

From all four corners of the globe, everyone knows FUTBOL!

media.giphy.com

From numbers alone, Soccer is superior to football in that it has the most players.

2. Pure skill is involved

Can you take a ball coming at you at 60 MPH in the air, control it, aim it, shoot it, and make a goal in one swift kick? Most people can't.

The game is constantly go-go-go

In soccer, the clock keeps rolling despite whatever is happening. There are no commercial break stoppage points like in football. You don't stop after every play. You just keep going.

4. It's a fairly inexpensive sport

Shin guards, cleats, and a ball. That's the mandated gear required. In my 15 years of playing I went through one pair of shin guards, two balls, and three pairs of cleats.

5. Timeouts don't exist

Like I said earlier, soccer is go-go-go. You don't stop every 10 seconds so everyone can know what's happening like you do in football.

6. You have to have a strong heart to play soccer

1.5+ hours of straight running. Cardio is intense. Imagine running, non-stop, for 45 minutes (one half). Not many people can do it.

7. Soccer is recognized by the Olympics

Football still isn't there yet

8. It's easy to learn

The rules are pretty straightforward. There's not several different plays you have to learn.

9. Soccer players have the best bodies

You can't even argue with that

10. You're less prone to injuries

I know, I know. The running joke with soccer players is that they turn into big babies when they fall down. This is true in some cases, but for the most part, you're far less likely to sustain an injury playing soccer than you are in football.

11. Soccer makes the world go round

It's something that connects us all.