Why Kindness Is Taken For Granted

Why Kindness Is Taken For Granted

These days we fail to appreciate the little things and I think that needs to stop.

1638
Why Kindness Is Taken For Granted
Pintrest

We all deserve kindness; to give it and receive it. There’s a certain feeling you get when you know you’ve done something good, even just the smallest act of kindness could mean the entire world to someone.

We’ve all had bad days, no one can deny that, but we’ve all had good days, too. Sometimes those bad days can turn into good days just by something small like opening the door for someone, or smiling at them.

Anything I'm a part of, I always make it my job to always be cheery; I feel like it's an obligation to attempt to put everyone else in a good mood, even when I'm not feeling too hot. I strive to make people smile, because I don't think they deserve to be sad or feel sorry for themselves. It's difficult to understand how other people are feeling and it's difficult to fathom what's going on in their lives, but the best thing we can do is try. We have to attempt to spread more kindness if we want to see any sort of change in the world.

Normally, you can tell by someones body language what kind of mood they’re in and you can use that to your advantage. Those who seem like they aren’t in as good of a mood may just need a smile, someone to open the door, a joke or even just a polite “how’s your day” just showing someone that you care always puts me in a better mood. Even the smallest gestures can make the biggest impact.

Kindness is a quality that isn’t found in people as often as it should be. Kindness shouldn’t be a chore, it should be something people do simply because they want to. Just learn to appreciate every act of kindness, no matter how big or small it is.