Why Kevin Durant Should Play for the Boston Celtics

Please come to Boston, KD! (#KDtoBoston) (#KDtoTD)

7
Blacksportsonline.com

Game seven of the NBA western conference just ended as the final buzzer sounds. The Oklahoma City Thunder wonder what just happened to them after they lose game seven, losing a 3-1 lead to the reigning champions the Golden State Warriors. Leading the Warriors to this historic comeback is their back-to-back league MVP Stephen Curry. As soon as the game is over basketball fans are left to wonder where will Kevin Durant play next season? When this basketball season ends, he will be a free agent, which means he can sign with any team he wants without a problem. Every team in the NBA wants to sign Durant. How will Kevin Durant narrow his choices of whether he should stay in Oklahoma City or play elsewhere? Maybe he could hold a televised event where he announces his decision on where to play for millions to watch. That sounds like a good idea, right LeBron? There are a lot of factors going into where Durant will play next year and I have a (maybe biased) suggestion on where he should go. Kevin Durant should take his talents to Beantown, aka play for the Boston Celtics. Imagine hearing Kevin Durant's name being called at TD Garden which is one of the most legendary stadiums in NBA history. Hearing his name playing FOR the Celtics?!?!? Has a nice ring (wink wink) to it doesn't it?

In the NBA, players care about two things: money and winning. Boston can provide Kevin with both. The Celtics have enough cap space to sign two max contract players, which means Kevin Durant can name a price he wants and Boston will give it to him. Since the Celtics have a lot of money, they can sign another great players to come to Boston with Durant to help make the team better. Maybe Al Horford or Hassan Whiteside would be a great pickup. If Kevin does decide to join the Celtics, he will have a great supporting cast behind him. He would have all-star point guard Isaiah Thomas, one of the best defensive players of the year in Avery Bradley, a very underrated Jae Crowder, and sixth man of the year candidate and former second overall pick Evan Turner. To make this even better, the Celtics currently own the number three pick in the draft, which can be Dragan Bender, Jamal Murray, Buddy Hield, and many other options. They can also make a trade package involving some players and this number three pick to trade for a great player to help Durant in Boston. Maybe they can trade for Jimmy Butler or Jahlil Okafor to help Durant out? At the helm is one of the best coaches in the NBA Brad Stevens. Players around the league love Brad Stevens and want to play for him as he is becoming one of the best coaches in the league and he has only been head coach for the Celtics for three years!

The Celtics can give Durant the thing most teams that want Durant can't give him. The Celtics would be DURANT'S TEAM. The Warriors, Spurs, Heat, Mavericks, or Knicks can't say that it will be Durant's team. I don't know if Kevin Durant wants to be second fiddle to Stephen Curry, Kawhi Leonard, Tim Duncan, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitzki (spelled that on the first try), or Carmelo Anthony. Boston needs that go to player that can carry the scoring load and run an offense through. Kevin Durant is that go to player Boston not only wants but needs. Kevin Durant is one of the best scorers in the league and would be a great fit for the Celtics offense. Another benefit for choosing the Celtics is that they play in the east. If Durant plays for Boston, the only competition would be LeBron James and the Cavaliers (if he stays). In the western conference, they have a lot of competition like the Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, and the Thunder with Russell Westbrook leading the team. Also a lot of up and coming teams like the Trailblazers, Grizzlies, Jazz, Mavericks, and the Rockets. Kevin would have an easier route to the NBA Finals in the east rather than the west.

The Boston Celtics are one of the best franchises of all time with it's rich history and great fans. The Celtics have exactly seventeen championships which is the most in the NBA. They have had great players play for them like Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Kevin McHale, Dominique Wilkins, John Havlicek, Paul Pierce and many more. The Celtics would love to add Kevin Durant to those legendary names, but he can't wear number thirty-five because Boston has that retired for Reggie Lewis. Not only does Boston has a great sports history but it is also one of the best cities in the U.S. Boston is not only a great place to live but it is also a great place to visit. Tourists come to see the sports teams and the many historic places in Boston and the rest of Massachusetts. The state of Massachusetts can offer Kevin Durant good food, great history, awesome attractions, and the most fun and dedicated sports fans of all time. Kevin Durant can go catch a Red Sox game on his day off or maybe catch a Patriots game which his good friend Terrance Knighton plays for. Durant can play for the same area as his good friend.

We are going to have to wait a long time before Kevin Durant makes his decision on where he will play next year. A lot of input from friends, family, social media, and a lot of other things will help guide Kevin Durant to a decision. Every basketball fan in every city wants KD to come to play for their team. Fans from the east coast and the west coast are getting on social media telling Kevin to play for their team. Does Kevin stay with the team that drafted him or does he leave to start a new chapter in his career? Just make sure you don't decide on a team like how LeBron did when he left the Cavaliers for the Heat, okay Kevin? If Kevin Durant leaves the Thunder expect a lot of tears and videos on social media of people burning Kevin Durant jerseys and saying some not so nice words about him. A lot of teams can promise Kevin Durant a lot of things, but a restaurant owner in the city of Boston has offered KD a lifetime of crab legs if he decides to sign with the Celtics. A lifetime of crab legs? That is a hard offer to turn down. Good luck KD on passing that one up.