Why It's Important To Love Yourself

Why It's Important To Love Yourself

176
Why It's Important To Love Yourself

In life, we are our harshest critics. Most of us are more willing to believe the negative statements thrown at us than the positive ones because we're conditioned into thinking that no matter what we do, there is still a better version of ourselves out there. The pressures to fit in are great and we try to emulate what we see around us and reflect those ideas onto ourselves. What we tend to overlook is that the one person that has to be happy with you, is you.

Constantly striving to be better is ambitious and wonderful, but we have to realize that even if we come up short of what we dream, we are still great the way we are. Instead of looking at yourself and thinking of all the things that could be better, think about the great you've already done and how wonderful you already are, and build onto those ideas. Without a steady stream of self-worth, we become workaholics--constantly working on our careers. our bodies, or any other aspect of ourselves without appreciating what we have. As a result, we lose sight of what's important--both to us and around us.

Think about the people you admire the most. Are they the people who constantly put themselves down, count themselves out and worry too much? No. They are the people who seem happy with themselves, and that confidence inspires trust and admiration from the people around them. Think about it, have you ever had no idea what you were talking about but tried to seem smart and because you sounded like you knew what you were talking about people believed you? If you act like you're great, people around you tend to think so also. A good sense of charisma can get you far in life because those who surround you feel like they can trust you because you trust yourself.

I know we live in a world where competition is everything and fitting in is a must, but try to look past that and make the best of the cards you were dealt. Always keep in the back of your mind that while we improve, that desire for improvement can't dominate our lives. Be happy with yourself--even if it's forced at first--and see how others respond to you, how they are drawn to you, and how much more likely you are to see your own worth.

Confidence is sexy and happiness is contagious. It's a lesson all of us can learn from.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F06%2F21%2F635705050215510466-1495620514_love-yourself.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=856&h=393b8e82532d98fea7983398836933145f975c301c6c684202af5b0af2a7a22a&size=980x&c=3394502586 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F06%252F21%252F635705050215510466-1495620514_love-yourself.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D856%26h%3D393b8e82532d98fea7983398836933145f975c301c6c684202af5b0af2a7a22a%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3394502586%22%7D" expand=1]