Why It's Great To Be A Tennessee Vol

Why It's Great To Be A Tennessee Vol

52
Why It's Great To Be A Tennessee Vol

Being a Tennessee Volunteer is more than going to school and getting a degree. UT is a place where tradition runs deeps, our blood bleeds orange, and our lungs scream Rocky Top. Being a Vol is a commitment to the great state of Tennessee. 

1. Orange: others may hate it, but we love it.  

2. Rocky top: no matter how many times we sing it, it will never, ever get old.  

3. Football: over 100,000 people come together in Neyland Stadium to cheer on the Vols.  

4. The Rock: from Lil Jon’s face to philanthropy support, the rock is always a colorful canvas.  

5. Checkerboard: whether it’s our end zones, overalls or Neyland Stadium, orange and white checkerboard will always be more attractive than houndstooth.  

6. Pres Court: the best part about freshmen year was getting woken up by the ruckus at 3 a.m. in pres court.  

7. Greek Life: with 13 sororities and 18 fraternities, our Greek community offers an experience of philanthropy, brotherhood, sisterhood, academic excellence, social activities and community service.  

8. Butch Jones: because you can’t spell Butch without UT.

9. Tradition: the Vol walk, Vol Navy, running through the T, the rock; we thrive on countless Tennessee traditions.  

10. Smokey: he’s only the greatest mascot in the SEC.

11. Knoxville: the Tennessee Theater, Ijams Nature Center, Boomsday, Market Square, World’s Fair Park; Knoxville is a scruffy city full of unique events and opportunities.  

12. Pride of the Southland Marching Band: a talented group of musicians that never disappoint a halftime show.  

13. Pat Summitt: she holds the most all-time wins for a coach in NCAA basketball history and one of three coaches overall with over 1,000 victories.  

14. Students: a diverse, passionate, intelligent student body with ambitions to succeed. 

15. Peyton Manning: the best quarterback in the world is a Vol for life.  

16. The Hill: it hosts the prettiest spot on campus, Ayres Hall and UT’s best kept secret, Ray’s Place.  

17. Neyland: the happiest place to be on Saturdays in the fall. 

18. Bings: the tastiest food you can get on the strip.  

19. The Fort: most students call this sketchy, rowdy neighborhood home sweet home.   

20. School Spirit: UT never lacks love for our school and we make it known that it is great to be a Tennessee Vol.