Failure Doesn't Define You

Your Failure Does Not Define You

Your failures allow you to grow into who you are.

138
Your Failure Does Not Define You

Failure is defined as a lack of success. At some point in our life, we've all failed. Whether it be failing a test, not getting that job you wanted, being dumped by your boyfriend, or spilling coffee all over your lap. It's all failure and we've all done it.

For me, my failures recently have been centered around healthy habits. To name a few: not making it to the gym three times a week, going over my daily calorie goal, and definitely not drinking the right amount of water. I was so put down by my failures that I went completely backward and spent an entire week laying down, doing nothing, and constantly eating junk food. I felt weak and incapable, and I felt like my fitness goals were insurmountable.

Then it hit me. Wouldn't I prove to myself that I am stronger than I think by picking myself up from my failures rather than letting them control my life? What if I take this experience as a learning one? What happens if I get back out there and keep trying?

Your failures don't define you because they are not all that you are. We just tend to pay more attention to them than our successes. Let's face it, it's easier to beat yourself up than it is to be proud of yourself. You are strong. You are capable. Your failures allow you to grow into who you are. Failing is part of life. It's inevitable. So when failure does happen, take it and move on.

For me, this is starting back at the gym. Even if it means starting at a lower intensity than before. I can prove to myself that I am stronger than I think. I can learn that quitting will make you feel worse, not better. I can grow from my failure and be better because of it.

Your failure doesn't define you. Don't let it.