Why does happiness not last no matter how hard you try?
News

90

A lot of people suffer from happiness pitfalls. They say that they cannot be happy no matter how hard they try. Happiness is a state of mind. You might have had the experience of sinking into the depths of despair, and you do not find a way out of despair. Do not worry; you are not alone as the world is filled with such people. We are a part of a highly negative world. A person has to be selfish to be happy. Several common happiness pitfalls make you unhappy no matter how hard you try.

1. You love external things

Things are temporary. One important reason you cannot be happy for so long is that your happiness depends on things. You cannot be happy if you love external things more than any other thing in the world. Happiness is something that comes from inside a person. If you measure your happiness according to the number of friends you have, the miles you walk, or the promotion, then, sorry to say, you do not know the real meaning of happiness. All you need to do is practice self-love and mindfulness.

2. Fear of loneliness

Another reason for which your happiness does not last long is that you have a fear of loneliness. You fear being alone. You cannot be truly happy if you fear being alone. So you should not crave the presence of other people around you and try to enjoy solitude as much as possible. Your happiness depends on others.

Many people cannot feel happy regardless of how hard they try. One possible reason is that you make your happiness dependent on others. You sit and wait for the approval of others to feel happy about yourself. All you need to believe is that you are alone enough for yourself.

3. Comparison kills happiness

One of the biggest reasons happiness does not last long is that you start the comparison. For example, if you have achieved something and are happy about achieving it, you see someone having a better thing than you. This comparison will kill your happiness. So, the best you should practice is to stop comparing your life with others. This is how you downsize your happiness.

4. Negativity kills happiness

Negativity kills happiness. If you surround yourself with negative people in your life, you cannot be truly happy. You are likelier to be happy if you surround yourself with positive-minded people who encourage, support, and lift you. Negativity is the killer of happiness. So, it would be best if you got rid of negative people and negative things in your life. For more reasons, you can visit the site.

These are the biggest reasons for which you no longer feel happy. These reasons are enough to kill your happiness and make you a depressed version of yourself. So, it would help if you cut off these things from your life. This is how your happiness can last longer than ever. It would help if you tried meditation to become happy from the inside, as this happiness will come from inside you.