A Brief Guide to Cypress Texas
News

A Brief Guide to Cypress, TX

A good neighborhood in a great city

192
A Brief Guide to Cypress, TX

Located in downtown Houston to its northwest is Cypress or Cy-Fair, as locals call it. It's an attractive neighborhood to move to in the city. What was once a rural farmland area is now among the biggest suburbs of Houston. A flourishing economy, excellent educational institutions, loads of cultural and entertainment venues, and a growing housing market add to the charm of the city. Here's a brief overview of what to expect when living in Cypress, Texas.

The area has been inhabited since prehistoric times with archaeological relics indicating probably the earliest humans settled in the area around 7,500 BC. In the more recent past, it was home to the Atakapan tribe with German farmers migrating to the area in the 1840s. They joined the already living Anglo settlers that had built ranches in the area. With streets and places named as Matzke School, Huffmeister Road, and others, all of these reflect the heritage of the early settlers. Development began in the area in 1904 with the discovery of oil on the Gulf Coast.

However, it remained primarily a rustic belt with dairy and rice farms being the primary source of employment. This was until the 1950s, which saw Houston getting increasingly suburbanized. Rapid development happened in the 1990s with the first master-planned communities formed and a steady rise in the local population. Back in 2000, the population was 18,500, which has risen exponentially to approximately 120,000. Despite the rapid growth and development in the area, Cypress retains its rich historical heritage with many buildings and other areas of historical significance well-preserved.

Moving to Cypress

Those that have recently moved to Houston for the first time will find the place massive in size. Trying to decide where to settle can be a bit daunting, although one of the more convenient ways of determining where to put down roots is to find a less populated area. Located in Harris County, Cypress is around 25 miles from Houston via State Highway 249 and US Highway 290. Cypress' east and south are linked via the Sam Houston Tollway, with Bush International Airport also easily accessible.

There are excellent employment opportunities in Cypress, so those planning to find new job opportunities have a good choice of job options. Along with great retail shopping venues, plenty of leisure activities, first-rate medical facilities, and primary and secondary education choices, it's a lovely neighborhood to settle in Houston. There are excellent new housing communities that are decently priced as well. Climate-wise, it's what's to be expected from living in Texas. January is the coolest (average of 63 F), August is when the mercury soars (average of 95 F), and June is the wettest period of the year. With reasonably low utility costs, low unemployment rates, and no state income tax, Cypress is a great choice of a neighborhood to settle in Houston.

Those looking to invest in a property or looking for homes for sale in Cypress TX at Dellrose will see excellent selection of properties suited to all kinds of budgets.