'Why Am I Still Single?' Here's Why You Haven't Found The One Yet
relationships

Here It Is, The REAL Reason You're Single

Being single is a choice, and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

354

It seems that any woman claiming her independence and declaring that she, in fact, likes being single is met with the same reaction every time. She's bitter or cynical or maybe just lying to herself so she can rest easier at night.

Whether it's society's incessant pressuring or primal nature screaming "MAKE BABIES," single girls are forced into thinking, What's wrong with me?

But, in most cases, a woman isn't single because she's unlovable or disagreeable — it's simply because she's strong enough to hold out for the right person. And maybe, just maybe, she's content with that.

I know, you've heard it before. But that doesn't make it any less true. I see so many people in miserable relationships (and have been in them), and I just think about how much better it feels to be free, rather than bogged down by someone I know isn't right for me.

Single girls are single because they know their worth and value their time. Apps like Tinder and Bumble make it easy to start relationships, so, for the most part, if you really wanted a significant other, you could find one.

But why waste a second on something you know isn't right?

Of course, this is no slam on people in relationships. If you find someone that makes you happy, that is more than enough reason to be with him/her. And if it doesn't work out, that's OK. I'm talking about entering into relationships that you know from the get-go aren't worth a shot.

And for me personally, I enjoy being single. I know, crazy right? I don't even know if I'd be completely ready for the 'right person' just yet. I love focusing on my friendships and flirting freely and knowing that there is nobody wondering where I am at all hours. Except, maybe, my mom.

Not everyone's world revolves around romance. And why should it have to?

Especially as you get older, people tend to treat being 'alone' like it's some sort of disease you have. But being single isn't something that is sad or embarrassing. And, by the way, not having a significant other in no way means you're actually alone.