When You Lose Your Best Friend And Boyfriend

He was my best friend before he was my boyfriend, and that's what made losing him so horrible.

8686
artnet

Life can be beautiful, but it can be painful. Life can bring so much happiness, but it can bring so much heartbreak. When I first met my best friend, I didn't know that soon he would become someone I loved so dearly. I didn't know he would become my boyfriend. In your heart you feel like there is nothing that could end this relationship; it's strong. Then something changes, and you're stuck wondering, “Why didn't anyone tell me that the hardest part of dating my best friend would be losing my best friend?”

Just like a million other breakups, it's sad and painful. Although breakups are hard no matter what, dating and breaking up with your best friend is way worse. This is the person you told everything to, and now, you can't go running to them for help. You have lost the person you knew would always be there for you. You're just left with the jabbing pain you feel in your heart. You wonder if it's as painful for them as it is for you. Of course, they tell you that they will always love you and be there for you, but in reality going to them for help is hard when they are the reason behind your heartbreak and tears.

In the beginning stages of the breakup, you cry, cry, and cry, even when you don't want to cry anymore. It's the worst part of the whole breakup because everything is always constantly reminding you of them.Your heart feels like shattered glass, so you try to glue the pieces back together because you want to be happy again. There's confusion, and you rethink about the times you had together, creating even more pain because they have vanished from your life. Your best friend left; they're gone.

The most difficult part of breaking up with your best friend and boyfriend is accepting that not only one person walked out of your life, but two people left. You lost the person you enjoyed spending time with, always laughed with, and always created amazing memories for many years with. Eventually you accept that you are better off as friends than lovers, but that doesn't make it any easier. You miss them, and you wonder if they miss you. Lovers are easy to find, but best friends are harder to come by and even harder to replace.

If you're like me, you are blessed to have amazing family and friends who help with the breakup process, but it's still painful. I wish that I could say this story ends happily with us being friends again, but that's not the case. When you lose your best friend and boyfriend, time is the only thing that can heal things. When you lose your best friend and boyfriend, you forgive and hope they are truly happy, not just pretend happy. When you lose your best friend and boyfriend, you hope for the best and you stay positive because things will get better.