An Open Letter To My Future In-Laws On My Wedding Day

To My Future In-Laws On My Wedding Day, Thank You For Raising The Man Of My Dreams

Thank you for raising him to be the man I get to marry.

13787

Today is the day. I get to marry the love of your life and the love of mine.

I know you are worried for him because you don't want him to get hurt. You were the one taking care of him, even when he didn't know. I know it'll be hard to let him go but know that he's in good hands. I'll be so happy to care for him and share my life with him. I'll take care of him when he is sick and feed him your special food that cheered him up when he was a child. I'll hold him when he is sad and needs support. I'll support him, even in the darkest of moments.

In my eyes, there is no one else. He's the one I want to grow old with. I want to watch our kids and grandkids grow into wonderful human beings and be there for them like you were there for my *almost* husband.

There's always the stigma that in-laws are the worst for a wife and husband. I don't want that and I want to build an amazing relationship with you that stays strong for the rest of our lives.

I grew up without strong parents and so I look up to you and respect all that you've done for your son. You made him into the man I know and love. He is who he is because of the love, compassion, and time you put in. You taught him respect and kindness. You taught him bravery and honor. You taught him how he wants to be as a father to our children. You taught him how to be the best person he can be and to always strive to be even better. And that extends to me now, because he teaches me how to be an even better human being.

Today is the day that changes our lives forever but it won't take your son away. No, it'll bring him even closer.

Today is the day that I get to marry the man of my dreams and I couldn't be any happier for the future as your daughter-in-law.

Today I say "I do" to your son and I'm so very lucky that he chose me.

Thank you for bringing him into this world and into my life.