Use Your Words Wisely
relationships

What You Say Means A Lot To Other People Even If It Doesn't Mean Anything To You

Only say the things that you actually mean.

100
Loui Wenig

People use their words every day. Every day we have the choice to use them to benefit people or tear others down. The choice seems so simple, right? Wrong. There's a lot of people who tend to just say whatever comes out of their mouth.

Others will remember more how you make them feel than anything else. If you make people feel loved and included with what you're saying, then more people are going to want to be around you but if you are constantly rude and using your words for destruction, then more than likely people won't want to be around you that much.

Believe it or not, there are people who say that being rude or mean is just how they are and people should just accept it. Honestly, I used to be like that to some degree or another. I was always the "sarcastic one" and the "mean one" when I was growing up. There were countless times when my family members would just say "you're so mean" and not to try to hurt my feelings but to try to make me see how the way I was acting wasn't good or kind or nice or uplifting.

I've changed a lot since middle school and even since high school when I would a lot of the times say whatever I felt like saying. I'm sure a lot of people remember the things I said even though I don't remember most of it. There are a few times that I still remember and I feel still bad about even now. I can't believe how mean I actually was. It took a lot of self-discipline and forgiveness from others to start using my words to encourage.

It can definitely be a challenge to speak life and love into someone who isn't using their words wisely. That's when you need to be extra cautious about what you're saying so that they know that they can ask forgiveness and actually receive that forgiveness from you.

Consider your words today and use them to lift someone up. When you're frustrated with someone, take a breath and clear your mind, even for a second and you begin to think more clearly. Most of the time if you calm down before you respond to something, the conversation or argument goes much farther than if you would just spew out whatever you wanted to say in the heat of the moment.