7 Things You Feel When Graduating High School

Graduating from high school can be a roller coaster of emotions.

13912
PDSD photos

For those graduating high school this year, next year, or years to come, there are some things you should expect to happen. You will feel so many emotions before, during and after you graduate.

1. Fear

On graduation morning you're going to wake up and realize that today is the day you're done with high school forever. You start to think about the ceremony itself and knowing that they will call your name and you have to get up on stage and get your diploma in front of hundreds of people. Pretty scary, isn't it? Just don't fall.

2. Excitement

As you're going on throughout your day, whether you're spending time with classmates or staying home watching TV, the clock is ticking and time is passing by. Every hour that passes it gets closer to graduation time. All you wanna do is see everyone's face when your name gets called and you can get your diploma.

3. Sadness

Once you arrive at graduation, you start hugging all your friends, talking about how it's going to be the last time we are all together. Some, or maybe even all, of your friends are going to college far far away from where you're going and that is pretty upsetting. You realize that you have spent the last 12 years with these people and it's very hard to let go of.

4. Happy

You will walk into the gymnasium with such excitement and joy. Family and friends will be cheering when you walk out and so many pictures are being taken of you. Prepare for many happy tears.

5. Boredom

Graduation ceremonies can get pretty boring (depending on how long the speeches are). There will always be that one random man that nobody knows giving a speech that is two hours long (at least that's how it feels.) So make sure you don't fall asleep.

6. Relief

Probably the biggest thing you will feel during the whole graduation process. It's like 450 pounds has been lifted off of your shoulders once you are handed your diploma. No more stressing about grades and drama with friends. Time to start your life as an adult. You're free.

7. Grateful

When you finally get to see your parents, all you want to do is hug them. They put up with you for the last 12 years making sure you are able to pass and get to this big moment in your life. Make sure you thank your parents. They do a lot for you.

Then it's all over. Time to start your life as an adult. It's a lot to take in, but after a few days you don't think about it that much. But as time goes on, you tend to miss high school and the easy days. But that's just how life goes.