10 Feelings You Have If You Don't Miss High School

Here's hoping the next four years won't drag on like high school did.

13827

1. When people are still only friends with their high school friends and nobody else and that confuses you.

You keep up with some of your high school friends but have definitely have branched out and found more friends in college.

SEE ALSO: 6 Signs You've Outgrown Your High School Friends

2. When people tweet "Seniors of 2017...don't take a second for granted, one day you'll miss this." And you honestly cannot relate.

I took every moment for granted because I wanted OUT. I have no regrets about my senior year because I was focused on one thing...leaving.

3. You don't understand the graduated college students that still go to the high school sporting events.

Your time is over. It's finished. Please leave the student section, you are a grown adult.

4. When people call high school "the glory days" you get genuinely sick to your stomach.

That? That was my glory days? Waking up at 7am to sit through classes you didn't care about around people you've had to put up with since kindergarten?With a 10:30pm curfew every single night? That was my glory days? No thank you.

5. Songs about growing up don't phase you.

On the way to my graduation, I played the "Graduation" album by Kanye West and blasted it as I screeched into the parking lot for the last time and I honestly never felt happier.

6. Not understanding the tears at graduation.

I honestly think the moment I heard my principal say, "Congratulations to the class of 2016." I had the first genuine smile on my face in four years.

7. The only thing you really miss are the adults you met throughout those four years.

Sure, the students were scum, but some teachers were genuine and made it bearable (shoutout to Chapman, Poore, Bazzell, Woodard, Lanier, Pate, and Dulworth.)

8. You couldn't get paid enough to redo one day of high school.

Ok you're actually a broke college student and money is money but you would never by choice go back for anything.

9. You'll never forget the hype you felt on those last days of high school.

Some people in my class were actually crying and I came in playing "Night Fever" by the BeeGees damn near breaking a SWEAT dancing so aggressively to celebrate the end of high school.

10. You've finally found your place in college.

I've never been so content as I am in college. I found friends that will stick by me, learning about things that interest me, and have all around less anxiety than high school caused me.

Here's to the next years of college that won't drag on like high school did.