What To Do When You Lose Your Passion

What To Do When You Lose Your Passion

Rediscover yourself and what you love to do.

2341
Rob Villalta

Sometimes in life, we lose interest in the things we love to do the most. Maybe depression, anxiety, a busy work load, lack of motivation, or a myriad of other reasons has brought this on. Sometimes it's a culmination of a few things of these things all at once. Other times, we simply don't really know why we lose our passions. Maybe our interests have just changed and our attention has shifted towards something else. But what happens when we start to miss doing what we used to love and want to get back into it? That's where I come in to offer some advice on how to rejuvenate your love for your passions.

One of my dearest passions and one of my favorite things to do is to write (maybe this comes as no surprise considering I am writing right now haha). But sometimes, I lose my motivation to write. It's not necessarily that I am suffering from writer's block or that I don't love to write anymore, because I definitely do.

I used to write all the time when I was younger, but I managed to go awhile without producing anything new. Now, I am starting to get back into my writing after all this time, and it feels great to be doing something that I love again. No matter if your passion is writing, singing, dancing, cooking, baking, snowboarding, painting, or any other variety of the millions of other hobbies and interests that exist in the world, here are a few tips on how to get back into the swing of things.

1) Figure out what made you lose your passion in the first place.

Once you are able to pinpoint the exact reason or even reasons why you lost sight of your passions, you can try to overcome them and get back in the groove of things.

2) Set aside a certain amount of time to do what you love.

It could be hard when your schedule is busy or you might not have the means to do what you love. For example, if your passion is snowboarding, you might not have a snowy mountain easily accessible to go practice. But if you do have the means to do what you love, try to set apart at least an hour a week dedicated to your passion. It's better to devote some time than none at all. And hey, once you get back into what you love, it'll start to be easier to set time apart to do it because you'll do it because you love doing it again and not just because you're setting time aside for it.

3) Talk to some other people about how to gain your inspiration back.

Talking to people who have similar passions as you can be very helpful in how to get back into things. You can even talk to people who have different interests than you. Perhaps you can pick up new interests and hobbies from others while you share yours with them. Even if you have different passions, it's almost always helpful to just talk to other people who are extremely passionate and enthusiastic about what they love to do. The positive and intense energy will most likely rub off on you and help get you excited about doing what you love again.

If you used to love doing something and feel like something is missing or lacking in your life since you stopped doing it, now is the perfect time to get back into it. Don't put it off any longer. Life is full of responsibilities and obligations, but it can also be full of doing what you love. A balance of work and fun is always a good thing. So go out, have fun, be inspired, enjoy living out your passions, and enjoy your life!