Explaining Mid-Year Resolutions And Why You Should Make Them
New Year

Has it really been a new year, new you?

430

You probably guessed what a 'Mid-Year' Resolution is by now. It's just like a New Years Resolution, only, it's six months in. January may be a time of change and learning from the previous year, but June is all about making the best of the current year. We all know that in January, we have a fire and a passion to make a change in our lives and to better ourselves. But too many of us let that spark be blown out by spring. If you don't want to look back on 2019 and wish you tried harder, wish you took that first step I've listed the process to set your Mid-Year Resolutions below!

Step One: Review Your Goals

The first step to any goal setting is to review. Think about why you wanted to make this goal back in January. Think about what you have in the first half of the year to move towards that goal. Ask yourself, if this goal is still what you want. If it is, move forward!

Step Two: Adjust your goals

After reviewing, you may have less time to complete your goal than you thought. That's okay. It just means adjusting your goal into something achievable. If you feel like you have set yourself up for failure, you're more likely to never even try.

Step Two: Rewrite your goals

I promise that's not a typo. Step two is split in two parts because it depends on your path. If you feel like it's impossible to achieve the goal you set for yourself in January to complete by December, you're wrong! All you have to do, is rewrite the goal into something smaller. When you're making this new goal, make sure you follow the S.M.A.R.T format.

Step Three: Make a plan of action

Now, this step is entirely up to you. Once you have adjusted or rewritten your goals, it is up to you to make the changes necessary. Start incorporating daily tasks into your schedule that will aid you in achieving your goal, sign up for a class related to your goal, watch tutorials related to your goal! Whatever it is, plan to do it.

Step Four: Do the plan

Once you've made the plan, there's only one thing left to do. Do it! Now, this is probably the hardest step. You must follow through and maintain your plan. You have to actually do what you said you would do.

Step Five: Reflection and revision

Once you are a couple of days, weeks, maybe even months in, the last step is to reflect and revise your goals. You may realize that your plan isn't realistic at certain points in time. You may need to amp up your plan to achieve your goal. Whatever the reason may be, if you don't reflect, you won't be able to fix the problem. After reflecting, you must revise your plan and you can honestly restart this process.