Top Ten Reasons Why New Year's Resolutions Are The Worst

New year, same old pointless schemes.

166
YouTube

As 2017 comes to a close and the new year gets ready to begin, you are all probably getting out your paper and pen and preparing to write those New Year's resolutions. Well, here's a list of reasons why you shouldn't.

10. You are only making a resolution because it is what society tells you to do.

Let's be honest, would you really make one otherwise?

9. Your resolutions are the same every year.

Come on, at this point, you should just start keeping your lists and recycling them every year. At least that way, you'll save some paper.

8. You never actually accomplish what is on your list.

If you accomplished your list, then why are you always resolving to do the same things every year?

7. If you didn't do it last year, what makes you think you would do it this year?

It's just an endless cycle that always ends in disappointment.

6. You only stick with your resolutions for about a week before you fall back into your old ways.

Seriously, by mid-January, you are not even thinking about going to the gym.

5. Everyone's list consists of the same basic and cliche things.

Eating healthy, exercising, being a good person...aren't you supposed to be doing these things anyway?

4. It becomes an obligation or chore instead of something you choose and want to do.

Now, you're even more stressed trying to accomplish your list because if you don't, you feel like a failure.

3. New Year's resolutions are just a way to make excuses and procrastinate.

Why do you need a new year to make a change? If you really wanted to change, you wouldn't waste any time.

2. You're going to be hungover January 1st.

There's no way that you are waking up New Year's Day without a pounding headache, let alone going to the gym. Who are you kidding? Those resolutions aren't starting until January 2nd, at least.

1. "New Year, New Me"

What does that even mean? Just because it's a new year doesn't mean you're going to magically shed your skin and become a brand new person. You're still going to be the same old you, with the same values and regrets and hope for the future.

So, instead of focusing on those resolutions this year, it might save us all some time if you just admitted the new year really isn't going to be all that different from the previous one. Maybe you'll get that promotion or lose that weight or get those grades you've been working towards, but it's not the resolutions that are achieving those things...it's you. Forget about the lists this year and just go out and make it happen.