What it's Like To Be an Empath

What it's Like To Be an Empath

We're a special type of people!

44
What it's Like To Be an Empath
Little Shaman

So, if you've never heard of an empath or what it means to be one, let me tell you a little bit about them. Empaths are affected by other people's energies, and your life is unconsciously influenced by others' thoughts, moods, and feelings. They tend to feel more of what is around them rather than what's inside of them, so they tend to ignore their own needs. They kind of absorb the feelings and moods from another person and convey them themselves. Interesting, right? Here's a little bit of what it's like to be an empath:

1. Being in public places can be overwhelming

Do you get nervous when you end up being surrounded by what feels like a million people? Places like malls, and stadiums can overwhelm an empath with emotions from those surrounding them.

2. You feel others emotions and take them on as your own

This is a big part of being an empath. These emotions are absorbed and conveyed through the empath.

3. You can pick up physical symptoms off another person

It's kind of like sympathy pains. They can develop cold symptoms, or aches and pains that another person is having--especially if they have a close relationship to this person.

4. They always look out for the underdog

Anybody who is suffering emotionally or being bullied will always draw the attention of an empath. They have great attention and compassion.

5. Drawn to healing, holistic therapies

They would love to heal others, but surprisingly many end up turning away from being one.

6. They're creative

Empaths always have a vivid imagination. Singing, dancing, performing, drawing...anything to keep the mind going!

7. Love all things nature and animals

Pets are essential, and being outdoors is a must!

8. They get bored easily if they aren't stimulated

Work, school, and home life has to keep the empath interested or they will switch from focusing to daydreaming or doodling.

9. Find it impossible to do things they can't enjoy

Many empaths are labelled as lazy for this reason. If they don't like it, they don't see the reason behind it.

10. Finds routines and rules imprisoning

If it takes away their freedom, they don't like it.

11. They're great listeners

They tend not to talk about themselves unless it's to someone they really trust. They love to learn about others and genuinely care.

12. They really don't like narcissism

Though empaths tend to be really tolerant of others, they can't stand an overly egotistical person. They don't like how they put themselves before others and don't consider others' viewpoints.

13. Love to daydream

It's pure bliss for an empath to wander off for hours in the depths of their minds!

14. Need some quiet time

Empaths will go stir-crazy if they don't get some alone time. It's very important to them.

15. People tend to offload their problems onto you

Empaths can be sort of a dumping grounds for other peoples' problems, and if they aren't careful it can become their own.

Do you find that you relate to any of these? I definitely do! I find myself to be a true empath, and we are a special type of people!