The Definition Of Love

Love Is A Lot Of Things, But It's Not A Simple Definition

Sometimes a textbook "definition" really isn't a definition at all.

94

Ah love, when done right, what a thing of beauty it is.

What exactly is love though? What does it mean?

What is love exactly though, I mean what does it mean?

By definition, love is a few different things. The first and the most commonly used version is "a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person." More often than not, this is what we think of when we hear the word love.

It can also be defined as "a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend," and/or "sexual passion or desire."

Now, with those definitions being said, not everyone thinks of love in the same way. Because of this, I don't think that the word or idea of love can have a true definition.

The way I see it, there is so much more to love than just a feeling, experience, or attachment. Love is not something that you can define in just a few words.

It is more than just a statement.

Love is an overwhelming and unexplainable sensation that you get when you see someone. It's all the things that don't make sense in any kind of relationship whether it's romantic or platonic.

The word has been thrown around in thousands of different settings and has started to lose and gain different meanings. In today's society, it has more meanings than we can probably just sit and count.

People are constantly comparing the love that we receive and that we give to others, which is why the way we define love changes all the time. This also changes the world's view and the use of the word. It has become so mainstream now that we throw the word around to anyone and everyone, so it's really just lost its meaning.

Now, just like everyone else, I have had my fair share of ups and downs with love in a number of different circumstances. I'm still young so there's still time for me to have even more experiences with it too, but I'd also like to think that I have a good idea of what love means to me.

True love is more than just a feeling. Love is a constant effort to make the person you love happy because you just want them to be happy. Love is that weird feeling that makes absolutely no sense, but at the same time, it makes perfect sense. Love is those butterflies you feel and the excitement you get just thinking about someone. Love is just a thousand things that you just can't explain.

Words honestly can't really describe or define something that has so many layers and is so much bigger than all of us. Sometimes it hurts and it's hard, but sometimes it's great. Love can occur in thousands of different settings in the most random times with the most unexpected things or people.

Love is hard to define and it's even harder to understand. It's very complex, overwhelming, burning, exciting, joyful, and a great experience to have. In reality, love is a lot of different things to a lot of different people.