What Depression Has Taught Me.

What Depression Has Taught Me.

There are brighter days ahead.

52
What Depression Has Taught Me.
Google.com

Suffering from depression has taught me a lot. You have your good days and you have your bad days. No one really knows what it's like going through a rough time on your own. So here's what I've learned.

1. Your pillow is there for you more often than not.

Countess times I cried myself to sleep in the dead of night where no one could hear me. My pillow being the receiver of my tears knew me better than anyone. I cried on you every night because no one gave me their shoulder. So thank you for being there.

2. When you have your good days they're still bad.

There are days when I woke up saying "today is a good day, I'm feeling happy." But in reality good days are still bad. You always carry a pain inside you that reminds you of your darker times. you're never really happy, you choose to fake it so people won't bother you, Believe me, I'm a master at that. You might be okay around your friends and sometimes family, but it's when you are alone when everything seems to come out and you can't help but cry.

3. When you say you're fine, but aren't.

We all get asked this question more often than not. "Are you OK? Do you want to talk?" My first initial response was "I'm fine, everything is OK." Everything wasn't. It never was. How was I supposed to just tell someone what was wrong? They would have thought I was crazy. Saying I'm fine saves you from talking to people you do not want to talk to. Besides, they were never there before.

4. Being alone is never a good thing.

You tend to think being alone is better. You can cry where no one can hear you, and you think everything is better. Being alone really makes it worse. Feelings and emotions get bottled up and it gets to a point where it's too much, you have one big mental breakdown. I've learned that it's OK to actually talk to someone. It's OK to let them know how you are feeling. It's OK to trust. Having someone there for you takes so much stress off of your shoulders.

5. Trying to end your life solves nothing.

Many people think suicide is always an answer to depression. IT'S NOT! Trying to end your life really does solve nothing. Yes it may end your pain, but now you've caused others pain. Suicide is an issue among teens through middle school, and through college. If you need help please get it. The last thing you want is your mother and or father, friends and family wishing they knew sooner. Seek help. We are all here.

6. You are stronger than you think.

Depression is without a doubt a difficult thing to go through. Sometimes it brings you to your lowest and darkest point in life. People do come out of it and survive. I being one. I thought I was weak. Depression isn't a sign of weakness, it just means you've been strong for far too long. Knowing I survived the worst part of my life shows just how strong I am. For others as well. Don't think you can't do it because you can. Every new day is an opportunity for your light to shine brighter. Smile a Little and show people just how strong you can be!

7. Save a life get help.

If you are suffering, or know anyone else that is suffering from depression or contemplating suicide don't wait, act now! Please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255.