You Can Eat Healthy and Exercise But if You Don't Deal With The Shit in Your Mind, You'll Never Be Healthy

You can eat healthy and exercise, but if you don't deal with the shit in your mind, you'll never be healthy.

26
c1.staticflickr.com
You can eat healthy, exercise and drink a gallon of water a day. But if you don't deal with the shit in your mind, you'll never be healthy

As a certified personal trainer and nutrition specialist, I get asked all the questions. "What's the trick? Will this diet work? What about these pills? What's the best workout?" The questions are endless, but so are the answers. Because in short, everyone is different. What works for one person, might not work for someone else. Some people enjoy running and some hate it. Some people love eating vegetables and some can't stand them. Which is why being "healthy" is not a one size fits all. Yes eating wholesome foods, and moving your body is the bottom line. But how you do that can vary from person to person. Aka why diets don't always work. Or why you failed at your fitness plan. If it isn't something you enjoy, and it feels forced you are only setting yourself up for failure.

But the actual bottom line isn't just to eat wholesome foods and move your body. The bottom line is that if you don't deal with the shit going on in your head, you will never be healthy. So many people miss this one. You can eat vegetables all day long, and run like the cops are chasing you, but if you don't deal with what's going on in that noggin- nothing. will. change.

Your brain is a crazy thing. Extremely fascinating but also extremely controlling. Ever hear the expression "convince your mind and you're half way there"? Because your mind needs to get on board first. Your brain has to tell your body to go for that run. Or to pick the salad over the nachos. I.e. let's talk about your mental health. Not just your physical.

Your emotions play a huge role in your physical health. You can literally convince yourself you are sick all because of that big thing your neck is supporting. Tough times like going through a break up or financial issues, cause stress. Stress can cause weight gain. And you can still eat all the vegetables you want and go for that run, but not lose a single pound. Maybe you'll even gain one. Or that upcoming test you have is causing serious anxiety, making you not hungry, meaning you're not eating as much. Now you're lacking nutrition and your body is storing fat because it is in survival mode, from not getting enough food.

Hear me?

Mental and physical health don't just go hand in hand. They are in bed together. Making all the love. It's like having peanut butter without the jelly. Or like having the salsa without the chips. It just isn't possible. I mean, I guess it is. But that is a half-ass sandwich. And like, really strange to eat salsa all alone. Just like trying to accomplish a healthier lifestyle, without considering ALL the health. We are so much more then what we eat, and how we move our bodies. So my question to you is, are you dealing with the shit going on your head?