Tips For Starting A Weight Loss Journey

A Weight Loss Journey Is More Than Just A Diet, It's A Commitment To Change

Your body should feel good as you progress — if it doesn't, there's a problem.

236
Gym
Neerali Patel

Two summers ago, I had decided to begin a weight loss journey and had little to no idea where to start. Two years later, I have yet again decided to start being healthy and I needed a refresher on what to do, so I thought I would share with all of you, as well.

The most important thing that I have come to realize is that you have to see this as a lifestyle change and not just a diet that can end or fail. If you don't, it is likely that the weight will come back on. You will also feel less pressure if you eat a burger once in a while since you haven't failed a diet and you can always go twice as hard the next day.

Moreover, weight loss is essentially just math. Calories in versus calories out if you put it in simple terms. If you want to lose the weight, you must be eating in a way that your net gain of calories at the end of the day is negative. However, calories are not everything. It is better to eat healthy food with more calories than a low-cal pack of chips. Calorie counting can also become a bit unhealthy if not well controlled, so I recommend just eating well and controlling portions instead.

Exercise is also vital to a healthier life. Although cardio is known for its quick results, weights are also essential. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. Therefore, people with more muscle mass are able to burn what they eat quicker resulting in a greater calorie deficit. It is also just beneficial in life to be physically strong!

My last tip is to eat what makes you personally feel good. Everyone has a different body and what I eat may actually hinder your weight loss. It may take time to find what your body can handle and needs, but do not quit. Good luck and happy eating.