6 Ways To Spend Valentine's Day With The People You Love Most

Valentine's Day can be fun, but also stressful; here are 6 ideas on how to spend this special day with special people!

715

For some people, Valentine's Day is their favorite day of the year. It is filled with love, and they have an idea of their plans. However, for some, Valentine's Day can be stressful. Where will I go? What will I do? Here are 6 ideas for how you can spend Valentine's Day with the people that make your life so special.

1. Go out to your favorite restaurant.

We all have a favorite place that we love to eat, so what could be a better way to celebrate a day about love than to eat food that has a special place in your heart? Grab some friends, and go somewhere that you couldn’t live without. (If I were doing this, I’d probably go to Chipotle because who doesn’t love burritos?!) Talk about your days, and take time to appreciate the amazing food you’ll be eating!

2. Watch a movie that you couldn’t live without, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be about love.

Movies are a great way to spend a date or just spend time with a group of your most special friends on Valentine’s Day. If you’re into love stories or romantic comedies, today is the day for you to choose a movie! However, if you’re not, going to a movie or sitting down in your own home (maybe in pajamas with some snacks) also means that Valentine’s Day is a great day for you! Choose a movie that you love because this day, after all, is about love.

3. Express love to the people around you, but also take time to treat yourself.

If you are around the people that you love in your life, take time to express the blessings in your life and how they may play a role in these.Valentine’s Day may just be about romantic love to some, but to others, it is simply a day to reflect on elements of their own life that they love. Although it can be important to express love for others, also remember to treat yourself on this lovely day. Do something that makes you genuinely happy. If you are able to spend time with the people you love doing something that you love, do it!

4. Go to the store, and buy your favorite candy.

There has always been something exciting about getting to go to the store and pick out my favorite candy or snack. On Valentine’s Day, go to the store with some people that you love, and get some candy that you love! (Candy can also be a great gift if you’re struggling with buying a Valentine’s day present.) Being able to eat your favorite candy, surrounded by people that you love, is sure to put a smile on your face! Valentine’s day can be happy, so show your beautiful smile!

5. Explore the city around you... try going to a new shop or a new place that you’ve never been.

If you’re one who is always up for adventures, make one out of Valentine’s Day! Go out and try a new restaurant or maybe go to a boutique that you’ve never been to before! Going on an adventure is a way to celebrate if you’re in love with exploring and with finding new elements all around you. Gather up people that you love, spread happiness, and go on an adventure that will help you realize that love is all around us!

6. Sit down and talk about why you love/hate Valentine’s Day.

Valentine’s Day can cause mixed feelings. Some people love this day because they receive gifts from a significant other, or maybe they just enjoy getting discounted candy the day after Valentine’s Day. On the other hand, some people despise this holiday. Maybe they aren’t spending it in a romantic way, or maybe they just believe it’s simply not a meaningful holiday. Whatever your feelings, make this something you can do on Valentine’s Day! Hang out with some friends, a significant other, or anyone else you love, and rant about your positive or negative feelings towards Valentine’s Day!

Whether you have plans for your Valentine's Day or not, I hope that these 6 ideas have inspired you to spend time with the people who you love most. Make sure to spend this day about love with people who bring you up and with people who love you for who you are!

Happy Valentine's Day!