I Want A Husband

I Want A Husband

Marriage expectations.

23
I Want A Husband
wordpress.com

I am a man who fits in with the rest of us, I am a husband. Not only am I husband but I am a father. I am now a single father for my wife has recently passed away, and now I must begin my search to find a new wife, but in looking for a new wife I noticed that I wouldn’t like anything more but to have a husband, and why is that …?

I want a husband who will come home with flowers every day. I want a husband who goes out to work every day to come home and support the household. I want a husband who seeks to please me on the daily, and not much more.

I want a husband who wakes up early and comes home late. I want a husband who does his work. I want a husband who goes out and brings home fresh meat. I want a husband who is an electrician. I want a husband who is a plumber while my husband is being a mechanic.

I want a husband who is tall. I want a husband who is muscular. I want my husband to be presentable. I want a husband who has the money to buy me what I want. I want a husband who doesn’t have to worry about money.

I want a husband that can pleasure me. I want a husband who has the perfect touch. I want a husband who knows how to tend to me while my husband is not being overly drained in his emotions.

I want my husband to be brave. I want my husband to have courage. I want a husband who influences violences and will fight for me.

I want this man, my husband to support me and my family. And if he does not continue to succeed in making me the princess then I will feel free to find a new husband. I will not leave him with the kids, I will take them. I will not leave him with the house, I will take that too. And from there I will then want a new husband who can once again comfort my needs.

More often than not our society conforms to these expectations of a husband. It allows these norms to be created and to be cemented into society. We feel that our husbands or wives make up this part of our lives that seems to be a necessity. They fill needs that we believe we cannot fulfill ourselves. In this case, we expect our significant other to cater to the things we believe they ought to do. We continuously make our husbands do the heavy lifting and our wives provide for our children. Our society created these norms centuries ago and although at times they seem to have drifted away, we will recognize that they are still very prevalent. Judy Brady’s literature, “I want a wife” parallely expresses these ideas where we become dependent on the tasks provided by wife or by husband. Our society must completely rebel against these ideas. As time goes, our society is being introduced to new phenomenons of household roles that need to be able to surpass the linear relationship between marriage and gender.