Valentine's Day Is Every Day

I Don’t Care About Valentine’s Day, I Have That 'Chocolates And Flowers Love' Every Day Of The Year

I don't need a fancy dinner, luxurious jewels, or an impressive love poem, it's the little gestures that matter.

200
Couple

Every day feels like Valentine's Day when you're in love. Even so, that doesn't mean you are suffocated with daily gifts of chocolate, a dozen red roses, and gift cards to a luxurious spa. Instead, the small, day-to-day gestures that reveal your partner's endearment towards you carry the meaning of Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day is not about the gifts, but about genuine care, affection, and love.

Although receiving Valentine's Day gifts, "Good morning beautiful" texts, and never-ending "I love you"s are pleasant, they might be deceptive and shallow. It's very challenging to see through the superficial. However, discerning the difference between habitual actions and behaviors caused by true desire and simple sincerity is essential. To do so, one must observe beyond the words and look for the small steps taken every day.

"Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take." — The Police

Heartfelt intimacy can be felt from miles away.

Valentine's Day means zilch if you only feel your partner's love once a year. Love is not a game. Throw out the Loves Me, Loves Me Not petals.

I'm not one to go on and on about my personal relationship since I'm definitely not an expert and I don't live in a fairytale. For all that, however, throughout my experiences, I've learned that no one deserves to question their significant other's love and I'm finally in a romance where I don't have to worry. He doesn't have to tell me he loves me, he shows it every day as he holds my hand in the car, makes me laugh, lifts my spirits, assures I'm fed, listens to the ins and outs of my days (although he isn't the best at remembering the details), etc.

Throughout the day, there is always a glisten in his eyes that expresses how strong our bond is. We don't have to squeeze out devotion from each other, it's naturally present. I couldn't ask for anything more. It's all that I ever dreamed of, and there was a time that I wasn't sure if it was even possible. But it is. I feel safe. Love is vulnerable, I can get hurt, but be that as it may, I sense security. No matter what happens in the future, I know that he cares for me right now and I don't have to question his love. I can always look back to this time with a peaceful nature because of that current confidence. What happens tomorrow, I'll see then, but today I'm happy and grateful.

The little things speak louder than any teddy bear paired with a shimmering, red heart-shaped box of chocolates can ever say.

Cupid's holiday is a way to keep your romance alive; that said, a relationship is strongest when sparks fly continuously. Even years and years after, couples who have been married for decades everlastingly astonish, excite, and intrigue one another whether through inside jokes, shared gazes, or fond memories. The relationship never gets boring (of course, there are ups and downs, but that's what keeps things interesting). Every day won't be a fairytale, but no relationship is perfect — that is what makes them enchanting. Valentine's Day is one day out of 365 that reminds couples to display their affection; nevertheless, your S.O. (and you) should feel spontaneously cared for every single day.

Don't stop searching until you naturally feel cherished for and when you can treasure your partner completely without hesitation and a prompt from Cupid.