Valentine's Date Ideas for When You're Broke

Because I am a broke college kid, here are some of my cheap Valentine's Day ideas to enjoy with your friends or you hubby.

30

I'm sorry, but I just don't have $80 lying around to splurge on a nice dinner or even $30 to spend on movie tickets. To avoid having a boring Valentine's Day for the sake of saving some moolah, here are some fun things to celebrate this day of love.

Picnic

Weather permitting, going on a hike and setting up a cute little picnic is so romantic. Just pack some little finger sandwiches and some chocolate and you're set. Maybe even bring a little surprise or gift along with you to give to your significant other. It doesn't have to be anything super elaborate, but adding personal little touches can make it more fun.

Bonfire

Fire is literally free. All you have to do is buy some weenies and smore's supplies and cook up some grub. Sitting by the fire at night is really fun with a lot of friends and very romantic at night. Being able to just sit around a fire for a few hours talking about whatever you desire is a great way to make for a memorable Valentine's Day.

Paint Each Other Something

I really enjoy painting, though I'm not that great at it. Putting so much time and dedication into something for someone means a lot. Just get a few canvases from Walmart and take out some paint, and you're ready to go. Play some of your favorite tunes or even order some takeout to enjoy along with the painting.

Cook Dinner

Cooking dinner at home is a LOT cheaper than eating out at a nice restaurant, and is more sentimental. It's sort of the same idea as the painting: putting time and effort into something for your significant other is very meaningful. Make their favorite dish, or even try something new together.

Movie Night

Movie nights are always the best date idea. Order some pizza, pop some popcorn, and have a movie marathon all night long! Try watching a movie together you've never seen or even a whole new movie genre. If you want to make movie night a little more interesting, make a pillow fort! I have seen so many videos online of couples making forts and even sprucing them up with lights and flowers.

Go on a Road Trip

This may be a little more on the expensive side, but if the both of you split a hotel room, it could be around $50-$60 dollars plus gas. Take a trip to somewhere neither of you have been. Take a bunch of pictures to remember the trip and have some fun!

These are pretty basic date ideas, but if you're looking to save some money and spend time with your boo this Valentine's Day, then these ideas are the way to go. Just add some personal touches to make it more personal.