Unique Seattle, Washington Date Ideas

4 Seattle Date Ideas You Have Never Thought Of Before Now

I honestly didn't think of these things either, until my guy showed them to me.

58

I grew up in Central Washington. I loved it, but there's not much there besides movie theaters, ice rinks, and restaurants. Whenever I would go to Seattle, it was a treat, but we always did the super-touristy activities — the Space Needle, the Aquarium, Pike's Place, etc. This past weekend I was visiting my guy, and let me tell you, he exceeded my expectations in taking me on some of the coolest adventures.

1. Improv comedy show

I have never been to an improv comedy show. Something inside me was telling me all along that improv wouldn't make me laugh. Let me tell you, BEST $15 I've ever spent. I was laughing every two minutes for an hour and a half. The one we went to was located at Pike's Place called Unexpected Productions. Nothing but good people and good belly laughs.

2. An unknown hole-in-the-wall restaurant

@tharle_food_adda on Instagram: “ಬಿಸಿ ಬಿಸಿ ಕಾಫಿ ಮತ್ತು ಚಹಾ ❤️ Place : Ramprasad Hotel. Follow our food journey on : @zomatoin : http://zoma.to/u/50108164 . @facebook :…”

We went to Sherpa House, a Nepalese-inspired cuisine. Check out their menu, and go! I highly recommend their hot chai. No, it is nothing liked Starbucks or any chai you think you've had before. This is the real deal. Then we had a little of everything from the menu - no regrets. Really, pick any restaurant that looks good and you want to try.

3. Pottery painting in University District

I'm not creative, nor have I have been good at drawing. We were surrounded by kids half our age. Nonetheless, it was so fun and very well-priced for a day date! I painted a flower vase, and my guy painted a spoon rest. The place we went to was called Paint the Town, but I'm sure there are a lot of places like this in the area.

4. Thrift store shopping

I can't remember the exact name of the thrift store we went to, but that's beside the point. There are a lot more thrift stores than Goodwill in Seattle, and they are more fun to shop in than regular stores.