9 things tyra banks can do that no one else is allowed to

9 things you can only get away with if you’re Tyra Banks

A listcle, but make it fashion

82
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlbNKUTH6Tb/?hl=en&taken-by=tyrabanks
@tyrabanks

Unfair though it may be, there is only one Tyra Banks, and she's truly living her best life. While I'm sure it's not always peaches and cream, there are perks to being one of America's top models.

1. Living, but make it fashion

Only the host of America's Next Top Model, acclaimed fashion model, Tyra Banks can make anything fashionable. Eating hot dogs, riding a hot air balloon, delivering mail: these are all just opportunities to model from h to t. Basically, it's living, but make it fashion.

2. Deciding there’s just way too many Amys

Every few seasons Tyra just decides, sorry hon, there's just too many Brittanys, two of y'all need to change your name if you want to stay in this competition. The amazing part is that, without thinking twice, these girls go: Brittany who? Don't know her, never seen her, never thought of her, my name is Annabelle now. Unfortunately, the rest of us don't have this luxury, so we're stuck keeping track of 15 Alexes at any given time.

3. Decorating someone else’s home with tasteful photos of yourself

Of course, the model house gets bigger and better with each passing season and location, but one thing that never changes is the plethora of Tyra photographs on almost every wall. Why? Because as a model you have to live beautifully, which means constantly being surrounded by beautiful things, and what could be more beautiful than the infamous smize of Tyra Banks?

4. Climbing on coworkers

When it comes to panel, it seems that Tyra can sometimes think of her fellow judges as human jungle gyms. Not that anyone's complaining (I mean, come on, she's Tyra Banks), but judge and photographer Nigel Barker has fallen out of his chair more than once as a result.

5. Accents

Here's the thing, Tyra is so talented and successful in so many ways. Accents are not one of them. However, that's never stopped her from slipping into a (very admirable attempt at a) Jamaican or French accent at a challenge, during a teach, or before panel. Again, they're not very good, but we all just seemed to gloss over that for 20 plus seasons because she's Tyra Banks.

6. Wearing costumes because it’s Tuesday

Tyra has always had a flair for the dramatic, so when she dresses up as a Greek goddess, a fairy godmother, or a superhero, we're all very much here for it. When she does it, it's fun, it's fashion; when you do it, it's a little disconcerting, better to just hold off until Halloween.

7. Telling people how they should cut their hair

Arguably the most iconic part of ANTM is the infamous makeover episodes where Tyra decides who gets a weave, who gets it all chopped off, and who gets their brows bleached. The contestants have no say in their looks and only know what's been chosen for them when it's all done. Of course, Tyra has been in the fashion industry for years and knows how to best frame a face or take a look over the edge. I would not recommend giving your friends a surprise haircut. No one can know for sure, but I don't imagine it going well.

8. Actively changing and critiquing people’s clothes

On more than one occasion, Tyra has been so put off by a contestant's outfit at panel that she's inspired to do a spur of the moment makeover, pulling off a scarf, hiking up a tank top. While the rest of us may sometimes wish we could do the same thing, it's best to keep our hands and fashion advice to ourselves.

9. Smizing

For Tyra, this signature look adds life to any photo. For the rest of us it just kind of looks like we're squinting at something in the distance.