Trump's America Has No Time For Climate Change

Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't approve this nonsense.

11
Google Images

The United States' new president is known for the incredibly conservative, controversial campaign that he ran that ultimately was the reason he won the presidency. If it wasn't for the conservative views that he voiced out to the public, he could have never made it to the new chair he occupies. He related to a group of Americans that felt looked over in the new, progressive era of the United States, and most Americans can respect that he won thanks to that half of the population. However, one aspect of Trump's multifaceted regime for the country that the most intelligent people in the world disagree with is his environmental policies.

Within his first week in office, Trump managed to undo decades of work that the government and environmental advocates have worked so hard to get acknowledged. Almost automatically, Trump and his administration hastily wiped all mentions of climate change off of the country's EPA website. If you aren't sure what that acronym stands for, it means the "Environmental Protection Agency," a governmental group focused on saving and maintaining our environment. An agency solely created to help the environment has been stripped of mentions of one of the biggest threats to the planet.

Trump's view on climate change has always been murky, but it seems that he is more focused on erasing anything and everything that former president Obama did as a way to help his ego, as if he needed any more confirmation since being sworn in. Trump does not believe in human-caused climate change and has remained skeptical for years. What's interesting and ironic, however, is that his businesses and investments easily have direct impacts on the environment.

Since Trump's decision to eradicate climate change from the EPA website, scientist and environmentalists around the country have been searching and scavenging for all of the information once on the website. Education is so important to solve and prevent the current problems on the planet, and they want to do all that they can in order to help the country.

It has been said that this reflects heavily the priorities of the new administration. However, the people actually involved with the EPA are suffering more than realized. There are over $800 million in budget cuts expected for the agency from everything including jobs to environment programs and management teams. Basically, he's cutting people and programs and research that could help prove to him that climate change is legit. It has been reported that employees of the agency are fighting back tears and that the mood within the agency is dark. These hard workers need to keep their jobs, but by doing everything to do so, they're fighting the internal conflict of standing up for what they've worked so hard for and believe in so much.

Trump has no regard for the environment and the people that are effected by his signing off on a canceled pipeline expansion, increase in oil and gas production, and disbelief in climate change.

In the words of my best friend: "Trump is insane." He has claimed that he will make America great again, but ruining the environment is doing the exact opposite. It does not matter what side of the political spectrum you live your life on. Climate change is real. The country should be a united front for the environment. We should be fighting this together, but instead, 47% of the country voted for a man that was very adamant about his belief that global warming is a hoax created by China. Science disagrees with the new president of the free world.

Good luck, America. Hope we become "great again," but with this track record, I don't see America's environment becoming "great again."

Leonardo DiCaprio didn't work for this. Are you a skeptic like Trump? Watch DiCaprio's documentary and visit his website: http://leonardodicaprio.org/.