The Top 5 All-Star Snubs This Season

The Top 5 All-Star Snubs This Season

Let's discuss.
519

Ah, the annual No Defense Game, aka, the NBA All-Star Game. The game will feature the likes of some of the league's most popular players; LeBron James, Steph Curry, John Wall, James Harden, KD. However, even with these players, there are some figures who will not be making any sort of appearance in the game that certainly deserves some recognition. Here are five of them, in no particular order.

5. Paul George

Man is a defensive stud. Great scorer. Sure, he didn't perform consistently for the first part of the season, but what else can you do when all Carmelo Anthony is willing to do is run the shot clock down to 4 seconds before missing a midrange jumper? Safe to say, he is a big snub this year.

4. Andre Drummond

SERIOUSLY. HOW. Sure, his offensive game leaves a bit to be desired, but look at his rebounding! He's an animal. Deserves more love than he has gotten recently. But don't worry, Al Horford will make up for it by making a three and showcase solid fundamentals.

3. Lou Williams

I love Klay Thompson. I really do. He is one of my favorite shooting guards in the league. But come on. Lou Will is coming off of the bench usually to torch defenses for over 23 points per game. He has lit up defenses in ways I didn't expect out of him this year. However, the All-Star game is a part popularity contest, part evaluation of skills. Klay > Lou, except for this season.

2. Kemba Walker

Kyle Lowry made it ahead of him. I like Kyle Lowry, but Kemba is something else. He has consistently been something else. Plus, Charlotte isn't even remotely relevant without him. Charlotte without him is reduced to Dwight Howard, MKG, and a few others. Ick.

1. Nikola Jokic

Hear me out first. I'm not saying he is the best option out there. I'm not even saying he's number one on this list. BUT COME ON. 16/10/5 stat line. I understand Draymond Green is a fantastic player and an elite defender. However, Jokic deserves some recognition for overcoming the initial struggles he had when it came to adjusting to his new role as the number 1 option. Injuries, however, probably killed his chances. What a shame, as he is one of the league's premier big men.

At least Damian Lillard didn't make this list (like he has for the past three years...).