The Top 15 Reasons I Love Cleveland

The Top 15 Reasons I Love Cleveland

Pack your bags, you're going to want to move to CLE after this.

472
The Top 15 Reasons I Love Cleveland

Although it often gets a bad rep and has been called the “Mistake on the Lake,” here are 15 reasons why Cleveland is actually the best. #Believeland

1. Cleveland Rocks!

Home to the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland DJ Alan Freed coined the term “rock n’ roll” and made Cleveland a rock n’ roll landmark. With tons of exhibits and thousands of artifacts, the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame is the gold medal for music lovers. It even has a Beyoncé exhibit. I repeat: a Beyoncé exhibit.

2. Chocolate

Malley’s Milk Chocolate Pretzel Crunch Bar anyone? A staple for fundraising in middle school, Malley’s Chocolate is the epitome of a yummy dessert in Cleveland.

3. LeBron

His return was so epic that every Cleveand-er knows where they were and what time it was when the announcement was made. He took the Cavs all the way to the Finals, all while down their two most critical players. #ALLINCLE

4. It Will Always Be Jacob’s Field.

Sometimes all you need is Tom Hamilton’s voice on the radio. Tribe fans are of all ages and are as passionate as it gets. Go up to any Clevelander, ask them how the Indians are doing and prepare to talk for the next hour about Francona, Kipnis and the good old Omar Vizquel days in the 1990s. Also, three words: Dollar. Dog. Night.

5. Johnny Football Jokes

Whether Manziel is creating controversy or not, fans rally in the “Dawg Pound” every fall believing that maybe, just this once, the Browns will have a good season.

6. Country Mega-Ticket

Country Superstars like Toby Keith, Rascall Flatts and Luke Bryan flock to Blossom Music Center every summer to play to sold out crowds. From the tailgates to opening acts and the music itself, Blossom brings out the inner-country in us all.

7. The World at Your Fingertips

Little Italy, Slavic Village and Asiatown are some of many areas that represent Cleveland’s ethnic heritage. A true melting-pot, Cleveland’s diversity allows having a little taste of the world, right at our doorsteps.

8. I Got My Toes in the Water

Nothing is better than spending a day at the beach right along beautiful Lake Erie. Whether we are in the mood to soak up the sun, go boating, or take a nice dip in the lake, we have the epitome of summer, right in our backyard. Not to mention, check out the view.

9. Rich art and culture

The Cleveland Art Museum. Severance Hall. Playhouse Square. If we ever want to up our cultural game, it’s a quick trip downtown. NBD.

10. Ice Cream

Mitchell’s Homemade Ice Cream is a must. Also, I double-dog dare you to get the Destroyer at Honey Hut. Nine scoops of ice cream, toppings, bananas, nuts and whipped cream, oh my!

11. Nature-worthy Instagrams

From the Cleveland Metroparks to the Towpath and the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, all of our running, hiking, fitness-loving and attempting to be a professional photographer needs are set with these beautiful parks.

12. Whoa-Science!

The Great Lakes Science Center was THE destination for elementary school field trips, but even now, it is the chance to learn and feel like a kid. P.S.—The room where your shadow appears on the wall is the best. No contest.

13. East 4th Street (No, Not in NYC)

This pedestrian-only street is the hotspot for Cleveland nightlife. With the House of Blues, lots of restaurants and a place called the “Chocolate Bar,” we have everything we need for a successful night on the town.

14. West Side Market

Home to more than 100 vendors ranging in ethnic diversity, the West Side Market is a Cleveland landmark. With fresh fruits, veggies, meat and baked goods galore, we have the best of the best when it comes to food in Cleveland.

15. Heart

We have seen the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, but we always come back fighting. Cleveland has grit, it has passion and perseverance, but mostly, Cleveland has heart. Like the people, it never quits.

To be from this city is to love this city. I love you, Cleveland.