Top 10 Places To Visit In NYC

Top 10 Places To Visit In NYC

Some of my favorite places in NYC that you must check out

52
Top 10 Places To Visit In NYC
Architectural Digest

Explore New York City through my eyes as I take you to some of my all-time favorite places to visit. From museums and attractions to dining and snacking, if you're planning a trip to the "Big Apple" soon, then you must check out these 10 places:

1. Schmakary's (Hell's Kitchen)

Located in Hell's Kitchen, Schmakary's is the place for cookie lovers! They don't just make your typical chocolate chip cookie, they make cookies in a variety of flavors that rotate every day. What makes this place so great is not just their delicious cookies, but their employees are the friendliest in the city. You can check out their menu on their website (click here) and at their store located at 362 W. 45th Street.

2. Little Lions Cat Cafe (SoHo)

Want a place to sip some coffee and cuddle with cats? Little Lions Cat Cafe in SoHo is the cutest place to visit. For under $15, you could spend an hour with their cats that are friendly and up for adoption! You can walk in wanting a coffee and leave with a new friend, what could be better than that? Little Lions also holds special events throughout the month like movie nights and yoga sessions with cats. Visit them at 40 Grand Street.

3. Museum of The Moving Image (Astoria, Queens)

The Museum of The Moving Image is a great place to visit for people who are interested in media and the history of film and television. The museum also hosts screenings of more than 400 films from classic to contemporary. You can visit the museum for free on Fridays from 4pm-8pm at 36-01 35th Avenue (at 37th Street) in Astoria. *Check out their Martin Scorsese exhibition that is running now through April 2017.*

4. STORY (Manhattan)

STORY is a unique pop-up shop that is "re-inventing retail". Every month or so the store has a new theme and their current theme is "Home for the Holidays" where they transformed their store to a gift guide set inside a cozy home designed by Jason Bell. Previously, the store transformed into a Pepsimoji store for Pepsi's emoji campaign, and a 90s Nickelodeon-themed store titled, "Remember When". This store is more than just a shopping destination, they also hold events throughout the week that really enhance the shopping experience. You can check out STORY at 144 10th Avenue at 19th Street.

5. Minus 5 Ice Bar (Midtown)

"Chill out" and drink some delicious cocktails at Minus 5 Ice Bar where the entire bar is made out of ice...even your cups! $40 gets you two drink tickets and admission to the bar and they provide the winter coats so you can stay warm. Unfortunately, you can't bring your phone into the bar but there is a professional photographer that will be taking photos throughout the entire experience.
Visit Minus 5 Ice Bar at 1335 6th Avenue next to the Hilton hotel.

6. The Painting Lounge (Various Locations)

Bring your own wine and beer and learn how to paint at the Painting Lounge. The instructors are very helpful and friendly and are all about making your experience at the lounge a great one. You can find great deals on Groupon for classes and don't forget to make a reservation! Visit The Painting Lounge at their three locations: 40 W. 38th Street-2nd Floor in Midtown, 39 W. 14th Street Suite 401 in Chelsea, and 438 Union Ave in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

7. Ripley's Believe It Or Not (Times Square)

There are plenty of things to do in Times Square and one of my favorite things is visiting Ripley's Believe It Or Not. It is a fascinating museum filled with the "unbelievable mysteries of our world". It is the home to rare artifacts such as a piece of the Berlin wall and artifacts from the Titanic. It truly a one-of-a-kind museum and you won't find another place like it in the city. You can visit Ripley's in Times Square at 234 W. 42nd Street.

8. Coney Island Circus Sideshow (Coney Island, Brooklyn)

While Ripley's puts weirdness on display, the Coney Island Circus Sideshow puts the weirdness in front of you with their live show. For $10 you get a show like no other featuring the unusual talents of New York City ranging from snake charmers to fire swallowers and everything in between. You can see the show March, April, May, June, and September at various dates located at 1208 Surf Avenue in Brooklyn.

9. Aunt Jake's Italian Restaurant (Little Italy)

Aunt Jake's is a great restaurant located in Little Italy that creates the most delicious hand-made pasta. The restaurant is adorable on the inside and out and their dishes are very Pinterest-worthy. It is the perfect place to go if you are looking for a fancy NYC restaurant without breaking the bank. It is recommended that you make a reservation first and you can find Aunt Jake's at 151 Mulberry Street in Little Italy.

10. Rare View Rooftop (Chelsea)

Rooftops are very popular in New York City but if you are looking for a rooftop bar that has an incredible view and isn't a hassle to get into, then check out Rare View Rooftop at the Hilton Hotel. The rooftop is spacious, has plenty of seating, great music, great drinks, and a breath-taking view of the city. Visit Rare View Rooftop at 152 W. 26th Street.