One of the most used phrase in America is "time is money", we hear this often, but what this really means is that tomorrow is not promised, in fact it is stated in the Bible. James 4:14 "Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes". Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring". For some reason, even if we hear this often we never really pay attention to its true meaning unless something major happen.
If you are close to me, you probably know that I don’t like to watch the news. Yet, I couldn’t help the news to come to me after the FIU bridge collapsed. It was everywhere , my Facebook timeline, in all the group chats I have for school, my email, I mean everywhere. There is no way I could miss it. The news saddened my heart and the first thing that came to mind was, what if it wasn't spring break? Only God knows what could have happened, I don't even want to imagine it. Click here to learn about the FIU footbridge collapse.
There was a lot of talking of course. I saw a lot of complaints and blame on my timeline after the incident which I completely understand. When we are hurt, we often look for answers or for someone to blame, I get that. I tend to do the same. I am not defending the construction company, that is for the law to defend. I am saying that there’s a greater picture here.
The victims of the incident most likely had plans for that evening, have you thought about that? I thought about it for a while, and I was like it could have been me, it could have been you. Whether you attend FIU or not, yesterday could have been the last day you lived. The only reason why it wasn’t one of us is because our time isn’t up yet, not because we are more than the victims, not because we are worthy to live, not because we are more favored by the most high, just because our time is not up yet, and we still have purpose on this earth.
Now, you have more time, but the only time you have is NOW, not yesterday, not later, not tomorrow, but NOW. What are you doing with your time? Are you spending your NOW doing things that matter? Are you spending your time finding out your purpose?
To my fellow believers,
Are you spending your time chasing earthly things or are you spending your time chasing God? Are you spending your time pleasing society or are you spending your time pleasing God? Are you spending your time gossiping or are you spending your time sharing peace? Are you spending your time reading your Bible? Are you spending your time to love God above all or do you have idols in your life? Are you spending your time spending the good news with the ones who doesn't know it or are you spending your time boasting about yourself? Are you spending your time boasting about how righteous you are or are you spending your time boasting about how God's grace is undeserved, unmerited? Are you spending your time seeking to hear God's voice or are you spending your time listening to the other voices in your life? Do you go to God first or do you go to Him last?
No one is perfect only our Lord was, is , and will always be, but you can strive for greatness, you can strive to be like Him, and He will do the rest.
I want you to take a second to evaluate how you are spending your "NOW" because it is the only thing that you have. Don't waste your time for you don't know how much time you have left. I am not saying to go around and be scared, but instead Rejoice in the Lord, Rejoice everyday for it is the day that the Lord has made. We also have assurance in Him that He has greater plans for our lives.
Remember that time is something you can never get back, so use use your NOW wisely because the day is near.
- The Day I Gave Up On God ›
- Dear Celebrities, Stop Jumping On The Bandwagon To Pretend You ... ›
- 11 Powerful Quotes From "The Shack" ›
- 10 Bible Verses You Need To Read If You're In College ›
- 13.1 Vital Tips To Complete A Half-Marathon Without Training (And ... ›
- 34 Excuses To Get Out Of Plans With Friends ›
- 5 Fast Life Lessons We Learn From 'The Flash' ›
- Why You Should Never Take Your Loved Ones For Granted ›
- If Tomorrow Never Comes ›
- Proverbs 27 NIV - Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do - Bible ... ›
- Stuck Mojo – Not Promised Tomorrow Lyrics | Genius Lyrics ›
- STUCK MOJO - Not Promised Tomorrow (OFFICIAL VIDEO ... ›
- $afra (Rapper) – Tomorrow Is Not Promised Lyrics | Genius Lyrics ›
- Tomorrow Is Promised To No Man? ›
- T10 - Tomorrow Not Promised by T10 | T10 | Free Listening on ... ›
- 'Tomorrow's Not Promised' ›
- Top 7 Bible Verses About Tomorrow ›
- Tomorrow is not promised to anyone - San Diego Downtown News ›
- quotes about tomorrow is not promised | ... quotes thoughts tagged ... ›