34 Excuses To Get Out Of Plans With Friends

59681
Getty Images

As someone who would rather be by myself than with a crowd of others, I've got tons of excuses up my sleeve. Although invitations are very flattering, and I do appreciate being invited to hang out with others, many situations throw me off and would make me uncomfortable. My ideal weekend is spending time with my dogs and parents over being with a rowdy crowd of teens. And I'm sure I'm not alone. With that being said, I've put together a list of both believable and humorous excuses to get out of plans, and I hope you may find some of these useful and entertaining.

1. I already have plans.

2. It's my dog's half birthday, I can't miss out on the celebration.

3. I don't have any money.

4. My parents grounded me.

5. My weekly horoscope advised that I didn't make plans for this week.

6. My mom said no.

7. Big Brother is on tonight, I can't.

Tomorrow? Sorry, tomorrow night's eviction night.

8. I stubbed my toe. I can't move.

9. I have a headache.

10. I'm coming down with a cold and I don't want to get you sick.

11. I didn't sleep well last night so I'm going to bed early.

12. I lost my keys so I can't drive anywhere.

13. My sister stole my wallet. I can't go anywhere until she gives it back.

14. I haven't showered today.

15. I haven't showered in a few days, actually. Don't plan on breaking my streak today.

16. I have to run some errands with my dad.

17. I'm busy that day.

Oh, you didn't tell me the day? I thought you said Thursday. Hmm... Well, I'm a very busy person.

18. It's Joe Jonas' birthday. I've got to celebrate, even if he isn't here.

19. I have to do laundry tonight.

20. It's my turn to clean out the DVR. That's priority, as you should know.

21. I'd rather do anything else.

22. I'm out of state visiting my family.

23. It'll mess up my diet and I did good today.

24. I already promised to help my grandma clean out her garage when I get home from work.

25. I'm allergic to making plans.

26. I'm supporting my friend John's new project tomorrow night. . .

No, I don't mean John Krasinski's new movie. Why would you think that?

27. I have to enter contests to try and see Coldplay.

You can't hold me back from seeing one of my favorite bands!

28. I don't want to put on pants.

29. I'm getting an early start on online Christmas shopping.

30. It's national be by yourself day.

31. I'm PMSing.

32. Error: Your message could not be sent at this time. Please try again later.

33. I already told Ben & Jerry that I'd make tonight about them. Maybe next time!

34. No thanks.