Is Tom Brady the Luckiest Quarterback of All Time?

Are NFL Fans Wanting Something New?

2199
Daryrl Slater /NJ Advaced Media for NJ.com

The false narrative will be ramped up.

It will be all about Tom Brady, times 10, in fact.

They — Brady’s front-running minions — will paint a picture of how he did it all by himself, how Brady, on the heels of beating a rebuilding Eagles team is the sole reason the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are headed to the NFC Divisional Game on Sunday.

You will hear over and over again that Brady is the G.O.A.T. — the Greatest Of All Time. It will be a drum beat. That’s for a reason. They are trying to convince you of something that just isn’t true if you look at his career honestly.

It’s kind of how Brady got the most glory for winning the Patriots’ sixth Super Bowl over the L.A. Rams two years ago. Somehow, Bill Belichick’s defense held a historically-great Rams offense to three points in a 13-3 victory. In that snooze-fest, Brady had NO touchdowns, a pick and a fumble. In fact, the MVP of the Super Bowl was receiver Julian Edelman, who didn’t even have a touchdown in the game.

This has been Brady’s history, starting from the very beginning of his career when he fumbled the ball against the Raiders almost exactly 19 years ago to the day of Sunday’s game.

Raiders CB Charles Woodson tackled Brady and the ball came out. It clearly appeared to be a fumble with about a minute-and-half left. The Raiders recovered the ball. It should have sealed the game. Instead, officials reviewed the call and said that Brady was trying to tuck the ball and ruled it an incomplete pass. Pats got the ball back and eventually kicked a game-winning field goal.

There isn’t enough room on the internet to list all the lucky things that have happened for Brady, but add the Packers losing yesterday at home and Brady should get another free ride to the super bowl.