To Whoever Adopts The Dog I Had To Give Up

To whom it may concern...

131

I begged and begged to get that beautiful dog. The moment I laid my eyes on her I gasped from how cute and beautiful she was. She was so sweet to my parents and I that we took her home with us that same day. I truly fell in love with her instantly. She slept right in my bed with me that first night and I could tell I was getting attached very quickly. That is what makes this hurt the most.

Stevie, or whatever your name may be in the future, just know that I loved every single second spent with you. I know our time together was so short, but that small amount of time made a wonderful impact on me. Those big beautiful brown eyes warmed by heart so much. Even though you woke me up early to go to the bathroom, I didn't care. That just meant more time we could spend together. I am sorry that I was not able to provide you the life you deserved. It's not your fault that you're the way you are in certain situations. You are a perfect dog and I want you to know that and I want you to know that you will always have a special place in my heart.

The lucky person who gets to have that beautiful girl in their life, whoever you are I am so happy you're doing what you're doing. We had done everything we could manage, but our community was just not right for her. I hope wherever you are you have amazing neighbors like we did that are supportive of everything that happens. If you don't, that's okay because that means Stevie ended up at an even better place. Somewhere she can run around at without a leash and doesn't have other dogs interfering with her territory. I was devastated to let her go. I didn't want to, but it was becoming the only option. I cried a lot, but Stevie doesn't deserve to be in stressful situations like she was when I had her.

I just want to thank you for taking her in. Thank you for caring for her and hopefully giving her the amazing life that she deserves. She is a spunky little girl, but she is as sweet as can be. Tell her that I love her and miss her.