Adopting My Dog Changed My Life

Adopting My Dog Changed My Life, And I Wouldn't Change A Thing

Adopt, don't shop!

39
Brandi Rosenberger

When I first saw a picture of the dog that would soon become mine, I fell in love. Beautiful blue eyes, incredibly fluffy and super playful - I knew I would love this dog more than anything on earth.

Like for most people, my puppy became the most important thing in my life.

Before we adopted him, my mornings were all the same. I would lay in bed until the last possible minute and then get ready and go out for the day. Now I absolutely live for the morning love my dog gives me after not seeing me all night.

Now my heart is more full than I could have ever possibly imagined.

Before we adopted him, I begged and pleaded with my parents to let me get a dog. And this year, they finally caved!

Going through the application process included filling out the application and then a 30-minute phone interview, followed by a home visit. All of us were so excited to finally meet him and bring him to his forever home.

Meeting him for the first time, I thought my heart would explode. He jumped right into my dad's lap and loved the affection I was showing him. He clearly loved the petting and especially rubbing the sides of his face and behind his ears. I knew right then that adopting my dog was one of the greatest things to ever happen in all of my years of life.

My puppy is my forever best friend.

I will spend the rest of my life buying him treats he definitely doesn't need, taking him on walks even when there's snow on the ground, and cuddling with him when he starts to get sleepy.

The love of a pet is pure and I know he loves us by the way he looks at us, eyes so full of trust and life. It's the most intense feeling ever to see such pure, uncomplicated and unrequited love from another being.

Since we adopted, we don't know his exact birthday. My puppy has a whole history before we got him that none of us will ever know and that he'll never be able to tell.

To whoever had him first and let him go, thank you. It's because of you that our sweet boy has found a home with people who will love him and take care of him forever. We won't make the same mistake and leave him.

Adopting was 100% without a doubt the right choice for us.

If you haven't yet, there are so many dogs in the world who lack a good home. Dogs who have been forgotten and abused and are in need of some love.

So please, adopt. Don't shop.