To The Teacher Who Went Above And Beyond For Me

"Every child deserves a champion, an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be" - Rita Pierson

11
Emily Stephens

Dear Señora,

Over the past six years, you have been my inspiration, mentor, and confidant. You have truly gone above and beyond for me, in the classroom and outside it. You’re honestly one of the most wonderful people I have ever met.

When I met you my freshman year, you were simply my Key Club sponsor. But from then on, you became so much more. When my step-mom was sent to the ICU the day before I moved into college my freshman year, you offered to drive to Stillwater and help me move in. When I talked about my family problems, you listened without complaint. There is so much more that I can’t include here, but you know how much you have affected my life in the most positive way.

Because you have been such an amazing influence in my life, I am always eager to give back however I can. Between dropping off snacks for your daughter’s school party or bringing you coffee in a caffeine crisis, I will ALWAYS be there for you (even for the most simple tasks)!

The way that you invest in your students’ lives inspires me to do the same when I am a teacher. Your compassionate and authentic personality is something I hope to mirror. Being your student was a privilege most students didn’t receive, and I am grateful I was someone who did.

I feel connected to you, having gone through many of the same personal experiences that you have. It is a beautiful thing that we have become such good friends and I hope you know that you will always be a part of my life.

Love, Emily