To The People Who Have Done Me Wrong

To The People Who Have Done Me Wrong

Forgiveness is key.

1095
To The People Who Have Done Me Wrong
Dumb Little Man

We have all had someone or even multiple people treat us badly. Maybe it was a family member, a friend, a significant other, a coworker, or a random stranger. As I get older I realize that the bullying doesn’t stay in middle school or even in high school, it is still prevalent in adults. Even though someone has hurt you it is important to forgive them because you will not be able to move on with your life unless you do. It feels so much better to just let it go. You need to forgive for yourself and not the other person. If you keep things bottled up it could lead to depression or even suicide.

I know what it feels like to have friends turn on you. Maybe it’s just one friend or maybe your whole group of friends turn on you. For me it was a whole group. I never found out why they did it, I think it was just because maybe I wasn’t “cool” enough to be associated with them or maybe it was jealousy. People are just really petty.

I’ve had people I don’t really know be mean to me. In high school a group of guys played a cruel joke on me my sophomore year and it haunted me the rest of my time in high school. I couldn’t stand to be around them or even see their faces. Having to put up with them was torture and I was constantly paranoid they might do something again. What might not be a big deal to other people could have a huge impact on the person you are doing something to even if it is just a “joke.”

I’ve even had family members make comments that might mean nothing to them but affect me greatly. Your family is suppose to build you up not bring you down. Not everyone is perfect so you don’t need to pick out others insecurities.

To everyone that has ever hurt me, I forgive you. I forgive you because I'm the bigger person and life is too short to be anything but happy. I feel bad for the people who feel like they have to bring other people down to make themselves feel better. People think by making a negative comment about me that will make me change for them, well they're wrong. I am who I am and I'm unapologetic. Now I am free. Free from everything negative you made me feel. All the tears people made me shed, well they're evaporated.

Readers, I hope you are also able to forgive all the people who treated you badly. You need to take care of your well being an do whatever makes you happy. I know it's hard to ignore nasty people intent on hurting you but if you change for them than then you lose the battle but they win the war. I want you to win the war.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F05%2F10%2F6359844220082519251738970499_tumblr_nz72idvAhO1uulkbto1_500.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=220&h=741abaa963777d7f683e079b5bf1b4b536228b9c19c5aedc2d884dce45815491&size=980x&c=1592845110 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F05%252F10%252F6359844220082519251738970499_tumblr_nz72idvAhO1uulkbto1_500.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D220%26h%3D741abaa963777d7f683e079b5bf1b4b536228b9c19c5aedc2d884dce45815491%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1592845110%22%7D" expand=1]