A Letter To The Love Of My Life
relationships

A Letter To The Love Of My Life

I never thought that I would find a love like ours.

1096
A Letter To The Love Of My Life

There is so much beauty in you. Inside and out. I know I'm not supposed to call a man beautiful, but you are much so. I often try and think of another word to describe you, but I have yet to find one.

You are breathtaking. Your eyes are an ocean: sometimes a bright, stunning teal and other times a deep sea hue. The freckles on your back are stars in the night sky. Your smile stops my heart from beating as it sinks to my stomach. You laugh and there it is again, pounding deep in my chest.

You are unbelievable. I had never heard of a man like you. I didn't know that they existed. Now that I have you, I mean it when I say that I have never been so happy. I care so much for you.

You are my sunny days and my umbrella in the rainy ones. You are my light and my guide through the dark. You make every day worth living.

When we started speaking, I had plans that weren't meant for two. You saw the hurt that I had deep within me and you cared like no one ever has. You loved me when I thought love was nothing but a lie.

You showed me what love is. As my friend, you took care of me when I had lost all faith in myself. You were there when my 'best friends' weren't. You were my best friend. You saw every flaw in me and you loved me through it.

You didn't run away. You didn't criticize. You were the reason I began to believe in love again.

We have had our ups and downs. You were there at two in the afternoon and at three in the morning. You were there when I was distant.

You told me what I needed to hear and sometimes slapped me with the truth. You were there through other failed relationships. You knew before that those boys weren't the one for me because... well... you are.

I fell in love with you.

But you didn't know and I was too scared to tell you. I remember thinking of all of the times you used to come over just to watch TV with me and I was praying that you would randomly find the courage to kiss me. There are moments engraved in my mind where I thought, "I want this for the rest of our lives," but you had no clue. I would fall asleep on your chest and dream of you and me.

Right now, you're next to me sleeping soundly. My plans have changed. They still aren't intended for two -- I'm thinking maybe four or five? We can decide how many later. I wake up next to you and I go to sleep in your arms. You are a dream come true. I love you. Thank you.